O/U 39
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:40 pm

Denver -3 in Oakland looks pretty good.

Over in the KC/BUF game and the under in the SF/CHI game aren't bad either.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:01 pm

I'm feeling KC again.

The game reminds me of the KC/Miami game two weeks ago. KC as an underdog...runs rampant on the home team.

I bet big on KC and cleaned up.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:34 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I'm feeling KC again.

The game reminds me of the KC/Miami game two weeks ago. KC as an underdog...runs rampant on the home team.

I bet big on KC and cleaned up.

I think I am gonna stay away from that one.
Buffalo is fresh off the bye and Holmes is out...smells like upset.

Im not sure who Im gonna take yet.
Would love to take Atlanta or New York but 9-10 points is a lot to give. :-?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:32 am

Holmes might be out, but with Larry Johnson the team doesn't lose much. With the way they have played lately, I can't believe Buffalo is favored against KC. I also think the Chi/SF will be low scoring, and 13 points is WAY too much for a low scoring game, especially with San Fran's defense being decent. The Giants O only put up 24 on them. SF covers for sure, maybe 17-7, 16-9, or something like that.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:00 am

Jimboozie wrote:I think I am gonna stay away from that one.
Buffalo is fresh off the bye and Holmes is out...smells like upset.

Larry Johnson is a balogna sandwich?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:12 am

daullaz wrote:Holmes might be out, but with Larry Johnson the team doesn't lose much. With the way they have played lately, I can't believe Buffalo is favored against KC. I also think the Chi/SF will be low scoring, and 13 points is WAY too much for a low scoring game, especially with San Fran's defense being decent. The Giants O only put up 24 on them. SF covers for sure, maybe 17-7, 16-9, or something like that.

I agree with your on both your points.

13 points is really high for a 33 point O/U and KC has been doing quite well lately.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:18 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
daullaz wrote:Holmes might be out, but with Larry Johnson the team doesn't lose much. With the way they have played lately, I can't believe Buffalo is favored against KC. I also think the Chi/SF will be low scoring, and 13 points is WAY too much for a low scoring game, especially with San Fran's defense being decent. The Giants O only put up 24 on them. SF covers for sure, maybe 17-7, 16-9, or something like that.

I agree with your on both your points.

13 points is really high for a 33 point O/U and KC has been doing quite well lately.

I dunno.... 24-10 doesn't seem like a ridiculous score to me with the Bears playing at home....

Detroit has a decent defense, as well, and we saw the whoopin the Bears layed on them early in the season....

I don't think the Niners have a substantially better D than either Detroit or Minnesota, and Chicago put up 38 and 28 (respectively) on those two teams at home.... I don't think 24 is too big of a number to expect out of the Bears this week...

San Francisco is a HORRIBLE road team... Look at the scores they've allowed thus far this season when they've been on the road:

Philly - 42 points
Arizona - 31 points
Washington - 52 points

In fact, the one and ONLY time they held an opponent under 24 points (at home OR away) this year is when they faced Chris Simms in his first career start IN SAN FRANCISCO.... They have the worst points-allowed-per-game average in the league (30.8).... And on the road, they give up an average of 41.7 points per game.....

What's so decent about that defense, again?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:28 am

O.K. Plindsey, maybe so. You ARE the defensive expert. But Chicago's offense doesn't belong on the same level as Philly and Washington, and even Arizona when Boldin was still healthy. Chicago is a one-horse team right now, and that horse (Thomas Jones) will probably miss the game. I love Cedric Benson, and I hope he breaks out this game, but I don't see the Bears scoring 24 points without Jones. Though with Cody P. back under center, I wouldn't write off a San Fran shutout either.

Maybe I'll just avoid this game completely.....or take the under. For the lock, I think I have to roll with your Redskins this week. Even on the road they should be able to take care of the Simms-led Bucs.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:29 am

My season is starting to turn around. Starting to hit a few now.

I'm really feeling a few this week.
The over on the NY Giants game looks very good Giants at home will score and Brad Johnson looks like he may be able to put a few points up. 45 is a pretty low score.

KC is a dog? Gimme KC plus 2.5.

I'm leaning towards the under of 44.5 in the Indy game. For the over to happen you are pretty much counting on Indy to score 40 points. If they get a huge lead they are not adverse to pounding the ball and running out the clock. With a bet like this what usually ends up happening however is that Indy picks one off and runs it back for a TD as time expires to cover the over. :-P

I'll also take the under 51 in the Seattle/ST.Louis game.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk