Accidentally accepted bad trade. Thoughts? Am I SOL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Accidentally accepted bad trade. Thoughts? Am I SOL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Arlo » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:00 am

I'd also reverse the trade if I were the commish (although there are commishes who will disagree). The tough part is not setting a precedent.

I think the commish ought to make clear that in the future, transactions will only be reversed if, as in this case, the true intentions of the owner are 100% obvious and the retraction is made immediately. Otherwise, you might wind up with some uncomfortable and unnecessary disputes in the future.

Perhaps a mild penalty would also be in order, such as dropping to the bottom of the waiver priority list?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:22 am

Arlo wrote:I'd also reverse the trade if I were the commish (although there are commishes who will disagree). The tough part is not setting a precedent.

I think the commish ought to make clear that in the future, transactions will only be reversed if, as in this case, the true intentions of the owner are 100% obvious and the retraction is made immediately. Otherwise, you might wind up with some uncomfortable and unnecessary disputes in the future.

Perhaps a mild penalty would also be in order, such as dropping to the bottom of the waiver priority list?

That's a bit much for hitting the wrong button in a moment of distraction, don't you think? I tend to lean toward the side of allowing people their mistakes with no repercussions - it's good Karma for when you mess up as Commish.

If you were in my league I'd reverse everything and post a message to the league explaining the special circumstances. This is obviously not preferential treatment or anything, just a Commish being a decent person.

You're all friends in your league, right? This is what friends do for friends.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:52 am

He should reverse it for you, but a rule needs to be posted immediately explaining the situation, but also that there needs to be a time limit on reporting accidental acceptances. If not, a guy can take 2-3 days and realize, hey, this trade isn't as good as I thought and claim he didn't mean to accept it. I know it's among friends, but to reduce any possibility of a future incident, this needs to be done A.S.A.P.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby klaxs258 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:18 pm

he should definetly reverse the trade if u did all that

[b]Tiger Woods[/b]
2006 British Open Champion
Woods-11 Nicklaus-18
[b]Wins At Age 30[/b]
Woods-50 Nicklaus-33

[b]The Greatest Golfer ever Tiger Wood[/b]
klaxs258
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:40 pm

No question the trade should be reversed. It should not even be an issue. Crap, in my league a guy traded for a guy he didn't know was hurt and the other player traded back with him. You know, 'it's all in fun/goodwill' sort of a thing.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby boyz35 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:44 pm

I think with an offer like that he must have been hoping you'd click accept by mistake. He should reverse it for you. Especially if you sent that message with the acceptance.
boyz35
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Opinion Ape » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:00 pm

Update for y'all: the trade was reversed today, and the commish posted an appropriate explanation along with my self-immolating email to him in which I begged him to do so. Since, then, I've been inundated with various offers of 2nd tier defenses for CJ, and multiple kickers for LT. Being treated like the league buffoon for a few weeks seems like a fair punishment to me.

Thanks for the input, all. I really appreciate it!
Opinion Ape
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:05 am

I'd reverse it if I were him, but ONLY because you clearly stated that you didn't want the trade in the comments box... Otherwise, I'd tell you to piss in your wheaties...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:06 am

Be fair warned that if your luck is anything like mine, CJ is about to blow out a knee, and Rudi is about to post consecutive 200 yard games....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:21 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Be fair warned that if your luck is anything like mine, CJ is about to blow out a knee, and Rudi is about to post consecutive 200 yard games....

That's not even funny - the trade I rejected but Yahoo accepted (which my commish reversed for me) as mentioned earlier in this thread was My Willie Parker for His Marv Harrison before the week 9 injury to Parker and Peyton remembering Marv was on his roster... !+) !+)
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk