General Question About IR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

General Question About IR

Moderator: Football Moderators

General Question About IR

Postby chadschwarze2 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:13 am

So when a player goes on IR they cant play for the rest of the season? I thought thats what Tedy Bruschi was on and he came back. Sorry if this is a dumb question i was just wondering what the details are with IR.
Thanks For The Awesome Sig FFGuru13
chadschwarze2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: General Question About IR

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 am

chadschwarze2 wrote:So when a player goes on IR they cant play for the rest of the season? I thought thats what Tedy Bruschi was on and he came back. Sorry if this is a dumb question i was just wondering what the details are with IR.

the NFL is crazy with their player classifications. Bruschi was on the "physically unable to perform" list....which means he's not on the roster but may come back and play for us in some capacity. at least that's how i understand it. injured reserve means the guy is done for the entire season and cannot be activated again and frees up a roster spot.

can someone be more specific? maybe someone that has read the rules? this is just kind of off the top of my head.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby chadschwarze2 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:21 am

Thanks for clearing that up. Your right the classifications are pretty crazy!
Thanks For The Awesome Sig FFGuru13
chadschwarze2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: General Question About IR

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:12 am

moonhead wrote:
chadschwarze2 wrote:So when a player goes on IR they cant play for the rest of the season? I thought thats what Tedy Bruschi was on and he came back. Sorry if this is a dumb question i was just wondering what the details are with IR.

the NFL is crazy with their player classifications. Bruschi was on the "physically unable to perform" list....which means he's not on the roster but may come back and play for us in some capacity. at least that's how i understand it. injured reserve means the guy is done for the entire season and cannot be activated again and frees up a roster spot.

can someone be more specific? maybe someone that has read the rules? this is just kind of off the top of my head.

Yep, you nailed it... It also means that the player's salary doesn't count against the cap....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk