who's LJ's backup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who's LJ's backup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:35 pm

Makes you wonder why they didn't make a play for A-Train....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:10 am

I wonder what Emmit Smith is up to these days.... I mean, the Chiefs have a long history of serving geritol and ensure instead of gatorade on the sideline....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:36 am

Biguns wrote:A kid i played high school ball with named Ronnie Cruz has been on the roster all year playin on special teamsand i think he should get some carries, let me tell you that kid can hit.

It seems that the Chiefs like Cruz as a special teams player, but list him as a FB. I don't recall seeing him in on an offensive play at all this year, I wouldn't count on him seeing action at tailback.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PapaPark » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:40 am

So who is the guy to pick up if I have Lj?
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:26 am

PapaPark wrote:So who is the guy to pick up if I have Lj?

I'm sure they will sign someone in the next week or two... I wouldn't waste a roster spot 'til we see who that is... The front runner appears to be Quentin Griffin....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:28 am

On a side note, if the Chiefs pick up Griffin, I'm very interested to see how they utilize him... Seems to me like Griffin and LJ make a good RBBC combo... LJ has all the power in the world, but I'd love to see what Griffin could do with his speed and the massive holes that the KC line is able to open up.... I mean, the guy doesn't have much bulk, but in the open field he's absolutely DEADLY... Besides, I have to think Vermeil remembers what he did to them in week 1 last year....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Arlo » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:41 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I wonder what Emmit Smith is up to these days.... I mean, the Chiefs have a long history of serving geritol and ensure instead of gatorade on the sideline....

Time to break out the Barry Sanders rumors! :-b
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby octagon999 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:07 am

Plindsey88 wrote:On a side note, if the Chiefs pick up Griffin, I'm very interested to see how they utilize him... Seems to me like Griffin and LJ make a good RBBC combo... LJ has all the power in the world, but I'd love to see what Griffin could do with his speed and the massive holes that the KC line is able to open up.... I mean, the guy doesn't have much bulk, but in the open field he's absolutely DEADLY... Besides, I have to think Vermeil remembers what he did to them in week 1 last year....

Plindsey!!! I just got LJ OFF of a RBBC. Please don't give them any ideas. (you know Vermiel trolls these boards, don't you?)
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Ydub » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:42 pm

Straight from the horse's mouth...

Q: Have you looked at other running backs besides Dee Brown?

VERMEIL: “Griffin, the Denver Broncos former player, we’ve brought in before. We think he can play but our offense has such a huge volume that it is very, very difficult for a player to step in unless he’s been in the scheme and we don’t want to restrict our scheme because of one player. Now, if you had to, you would. But Dee Brown is very capable and was very smart in training camp and he normally would have made our 53-man roster at the time we went to the final cut.”

Q: Dee Brown said he doesn’t think he’s forgotten too much from training camp. Do you think he’s gotten a firm grasp of the offense?

VERMEIL: “Yeah, he’s done very well. He’s a very bright guy and very athletic and that’s a nice combination. He stepped in and done very well. It’s not like learning it all over again.

“(Running backs coach) James Saxon would talk to him through the whole time (he was gone), checking in with him and letting him know. We try to be honest with our players in letting them know why I was (bringing him in), like when I told him why I was letting him go. I told him if I had the opportunity to bring him back I would. He’s stayed in shape and did what we asked him to do.”

Q: If something did happen to Larry would you be more inclined to go with one back like (Tony) Richardson?

VERMEIL: “I don’t know. T-Rich can play both spots, so that could happen.”

Make of this what you will, but Vermeil rarely plays the "misdirection" game with the press.
"Napoleon is not only a provider for his family; he’s an attacker on the field." - Napoleon Harris' website bio
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk