Larry Johnson value discussion... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson value discussion...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Johnson value discussion...

Postby Paladyr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:13 am

Alright I'm thinking about trading for Larry and would be treating him like a top 5 back. I'd like to know if anyone has any info on the following:

1. How's his durability? This can go back to college or whatever. Also, I read something here that suggested height had something to do with durability in RBs, and that 6'1" is bad.

2. Should his value be treated as a top 5 back?

3. Should we take a wait and see approach or jump on him now?

I'm considering giving up a combo like Holt/Portis or Holt/Westbrook . Discuss!!!
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:20 am

I would definately value Larry as a top 5 back. Look at his numbers before Priest was gone. That was with only 1/3 of the touches. Combine Priest and LJs numbers so far and that would be about (give or take) where he is at. Before you go offering the house for him though, make sure the owner who has him values him as a top 5 back. I have seen a lot of trades around here for LJ in the past week (before and after the Priest news) that simply show owners undervaluing him. You may get him for just Portis or just Holt if you are lucky.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Larry Johnson value discussion...

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:26 am

Paladyr wrote:1. How's his durability? This can go back to college or whatever. Also, I read something here that suggested height had something to do with durability in RBs, and that 6'1" is bad.

2. Should his value be treated as a top 5 back?

3. Should we take a wait and see approach or jump on him now?

1. I cannot find any injury history on LJ. It looks like he's had no major injuries. Taller backs generally have to run more upright...more surface area to hit for defenders. If he's going to get injured, it's going to be a freak hit. It doesn't look like he has a history.

2. I think so.

3. It's up to you. I would jump on him now if you can. However, his value is probably already through the roof in keeper leagues and still very high in redraft leagues.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:27 am

Well I'd like ot hear about his injury history first, something I don't know how to find. He came from Penn State right? I know there are people here that know this stuff.

Also, anyone think he might be splitting carries again next year if priest comes back?? It's doubtful but possible right?
Last edited by Paladyr on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:29 am

Paladyr wrote:Well I'd like ot hear about his injury history first, something I don't know how to find. He came from Penn State right? I know there are people here that know this stuff.

You can google it, you know. I doubt Penn State's trainer from 2000-2003 is lurking on these boards.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:29 am

LJ is going to pick up where Priest left off - OK, maybe a couple of notches below where Priest left off, but still pretty well.

If he's available you should pick him up now, especially in keeper leagues.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:32 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I doubt Penn State's trainer from 2000-2003 is lurking on these boards.

Yes I am. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:37 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Paladyr wrote:Well I'd like ot hear about his injury history first, something I don't know how to find. He came from Penn State right? I know there are people here that know this stuff.

You can google it, you know. I doubt Penn State's trainer from 2000-2003 is lurking on these boards.

Already googled, didn't find anything. There are plenty of people here who know more than anyone could ever want to know about every decent player in the NFL's history of injuries I'm sure, which is why I asked after I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the reply btw.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jh2031 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:31 am

I'd say LJ's value is probably right now is in the top 5 and will only go higher. He'll probably only be behind LT and SA by the end of the season fantasy points wise. And as for injuries i don't think he's had major ones...he didn't even really get a chance to play at Penn State until his senior year where he shined and had over 2,000 yards.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby ngub12 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:10 pm

hows LJ's keeper value looking for next season. obviously it will skyrocket if priest in fact retires, but if he doesnt what kind of role can priest possibly return to? similar to marshall faulks this year? or maybe he'll get the 1/3 touches and LJ the 2/3.... i realize it may be to early to asses this but i thought if bring it up for discussion anyway.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk