Eddie george - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eddie george

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eddie george

Postby wurthit » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:40 am

Well i know he is out of football and if i remeber correctly i think he is even hosting a reality Tv show. But why would a team like say the packers who need a dominate running back in there line up not pick him up? I know the tred on his tires is very low. The titans ran him 400 times a year for like 4 years in a row or something like that. But when you have lost 3 running backs to injury 2 season ending, and you are on practice squad guys why not?

I know that Sam Gado had a pretty good game for the packers last week. But i think eddie would still be a very valuable asset. If Gado goes on to have a great final 8 games great but if not then why not pick him up?

Just a little food for thought.
wurthit
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:51 am

eddie george was pathetic in dallas do you remember that? he had like a 1.3 ypc average. it was a disgrace. i think he knew he had hung around too long and sullied his good name. there's no way he'd come back.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby benjapage » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:51 am

i think the word you're searching is "dominant," and eddie george hasn't been a dominant presence in at least three years.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:33 am

benjapage wrote:i think the word you're searching is "dominant," and eddie george hasn't been a dominant presence in at least three years.

b

Tsk tsk tsk....if you are going to correct someone you should make sure your post is flawless...

This should read, "I think the word you're searching for is "dominant". Besides, he misspelled tread as well! LOL!

Anyway, you are absolutely correct about Eddie, he was worn out. I could see him coming aboard some team in the future as a running back coach or something, but he should never put on a uniform again.[/b]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby benjapage » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:10 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
benjapage wrote:i think the word you're searching is "dominant," and eddie george hasn't been a dominant presence in at least three years.

b

Tsk tsk tsk....if you are going to correct someone you should make sure your post is flawless...

This should read, "I think the word you're searching for is "dominant". Besides, he misspelled tread as well! LOL![/b]

dang, but "searching for" is not grammatically correct, either. upon revisiting, here is the proper deliverance of the intended sentence:

i think the word for which you are searching, is "dominant."

now that we have that resolved, we can turn our attention to quentin griffin. he recently tried out for the chiefs. if he becomes lj's back-up, he would become a viable threat behind that o-line.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:30 pm

benjapage wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:

b

This should read, "I think the word you're searching for is "dominant". Besides, he misspelled tread as well! LOL![/b]

dang, but "searching for" is not grammatically correct, either. upon revisiting, here is the proper deliverance of the intended sentence:

i think the word for which you are searching, is "dominant."

now that we have that resolved, we can turn our attention to quentin griffin. he recently tried out for the chiefs. if he becomes lj's back-up, he would become a viable threat behind that o-line.

b

Okay, you got me there. :-b

Now you made a bigger mistake.... Thinking Q-Tip could be valuable anywhere outside of the job of running the cash register at McDonald's. If he couldn't run in Denver, KC isn't going to help either.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:43 pm

get terel davis...da pack wood get 2k rush yards?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:50 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
benjapage wrote:now that we have that resolved, we can turn our attention to quentin griffin. he recently tried out for the chiefs. if he becomes lj's back-up, he would become a viable threat behind that o-line.

b

Okay, you got me there. :-b

Now you made a bigger mistake.... Thinking Q-Tip could be valuable anywhere outside of the job of running the cash register at McDonald's. If he couldn't run in Denver, KC isn't going to help either.

didn't q have a really good stretch with denver? was that stopped by ineffectiveness or injury? can't remember...

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:51 pm

Emmit Smith would come back sooner than Eddie.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby jayday » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:11 pm

the titans ruined eddie.....for like 5 years they rode him like the only female on board a navy boat....

now he's just an old beat up version of his former self.....its a shame....eddie was the man at osu....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Football Talk