Interesting stat - San Francisco's defense.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Interesting stat - San Francisco's defense....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Interesting stat - San Francisco's defense....

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:23 pm

I see a lot of people on here talking about how San Francisco's defense is actually pretty decent this year and about how much improved they have been lately...

And I just want to point out that the Niners give up an average of 30.8 points per game, and on the road they give up an average of 41.7 points per game.... Both are league lows, and probably rank up there with the worst defensive performances of all time....

So why are they getting all this love all of a sudden?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 pm

i guess some idiots are looking at their offense, then realizing they have a better chance of scoring on defense.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:32 pm

Because in standard Yahoo scoring their 21 sacks 7 INTs, 7 fumble recoveries and 3 defensive TDs put them 17th overall.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:41 pm

the only thing i've ever said is that they do play better at home than on the road.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:42 pm

Their offense makes their defense look worse than it really is (138 yards of TOTAL OFFENSE!! aganist the Giants).
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:49 pm

When you look at the rankings, their rush D is ranked 14th but their pass D is dead last. What I am hearing is they may be a good play against the Bears since the Bears depend so much on the run, and their pass offense stinks. I'm not saying I believe that theory, personally I think you could amost certainly find a better team on the WW.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:50 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Because in standard Yahoo scoring their 21 sacks 7 INTs, 7 fumble recoveries and 3 defensive TDs put them 17th overall.

Bingo. Their Fantasy D has had a couple decent match ups to play them. But they are very hit or miss. In my scoring system they have put up weeks of 12, 11, 12 and 15..the first 3 were 3 of the first 4 weeks of the season. Other weeks...4, 7, 1 and 0. I liked them early fantasy wise but no longer.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:00 pm

The SF D plays tough in the first half of games.. and then they get tired in the second half. Your offense can only have so many 3 and outs in a row until the defense starts wearing down.

The Niner's held the Giant's to 3 points through almost the entire first half, while the Niner's offense had what like 2 first downs? It doesn't help when the Niner's routinely get into 2nd and 20 and 3rd and 30 situations field position wise either.
---

Watch these guys play sometime and you will realize if the offense was better this would be a decent team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:01 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Because in standard Yahoo scoring their 21 sacks 7 INTs, 7 fumble recoveries and 3 defensive TDs put them 17th overall.

Bingo. Their Fantasy D has had a couple decent match ups to play them. But they are very hit or miss. In my scoring system they have put up weeks of 12, 11, 12 and 15..the first 3 were 3 of the first 4 weeks of the season. Other weeks...4, 7, 1 and 0. I liked them early fantasy wise but no longer.

Notice how in the first 4 weeks of the season we still had Tim Rattay and something that resembled an offense.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby klaxs258 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:10 pm

I am trying to figure out who is hyping up the 9res defence

[b]Tiger Woods[/b]
2006 British Open Champion
Woods-11 Nicklaus-18
[b]Wins At Age 30[/b]
Woods-50 Nicklaus-33