Sweet sixteen lawyer-type question... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Sweet sixteen lawyer-type question...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:50 am

Yeah I think it's only right that I get knocked out this week. Gotta learn from those who have played this game alot more. Of course I thought I could come in and change things but the Giants proved that wrong.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pawnking » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:53 am

SniperShot wrote:Yeah I think it's only right that I get knocked out this week. Gotta learn from those who have played this game alot more. Of course I thought I could come in and change things but the Giants proved that wrong.

The cardinal rules of playing Sweet 16:

1) Always, ALWAYS, try to pick home favorites unless you don't have any other choice.

2) Don't ever be tempted to change your pick after looking at what everyone else has picked. Don't go along with a team just because everyone picked them, and don't choose a team just because nobody picked them.

3) Stay away from picking your favorite team.

4) Follow the bad teams. It's always easier to pick against a bad team than to pick in favor of a good one.

5) Accept the fact that the ball bounces funny, and you aren't going to pick right all the time. The Giants oputplayed the Vikings in almost every way except for three plays. But that was enough for the Viks. Barely.

Good luck next year!
"I always try to play beautiful games" - Gary Kasparov
pawnking
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:55 pm

SniperShot wrote:Yeah and all you Indy people can root for my Giants to lose this week but I think about 3 people total picked the Giants to win over Minnesota at home. That was a bit of a suprise, I guess people want to save the Giants and their insanely tough schedule.

I had already used the Giants, and liked some of the other matchups better for this week.

Did take the Giants at #5 for my Lucky Ladder though. :~(

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:47 pm

Madison wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Yeah and all you Indy people can root for my Giants to lose this week but I think about 3 people total picked the Giants to win over Minnesota at home. That was a bit of a suprise, I guess people want to save the Giants and their insanely tough schedule.

I had already used the Giants, and liked some of the other matchups better for this week.

Did take the Giants at #5 for my Lucky Ladder though. :~(

I feel you on that one. My six wasn't that much better though (Washington). In S16, I figured with Indy being an absolute lock this week, I had the luxury to pick a couple teams with my other two picks that I wouldn't want to pick again this season. Detroit did me well, and my Miami pick was SO close. Oh, well. At this point though, I'm not so sure it's that much worse to have two picks instead of three.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Cafe Games Talk