My bold predition of the year: Kevin Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My bold predition of the year: Kevin Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

My bold predition of the year: Kevin Jones

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:19 pm

I decided this is the week I will use my super-human powers and make the bold prediction of the year. The "bust" that has been Kevin Jones really stunk it up in the first half, but i have faith and will play him one more week. And since I have self-proclaimed super-human-future-reading powers I am going to predict a huge week for him on his final chance to stay in my and yours starting line up.

Kevin Jones vs. Cardinals at home.

135 yards/ 2 Touchdowns on 29 carries.
3 Catches for 43 yards
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:24 pm

are you sure he's playing this week? i thought he was dinged up?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:25 pm

He's playing.
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: My bold predition of the year: Kevin Jones

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:26 pm

MrHokeyPokey wrote:I decided this is the week I will use my super-human powers and make the bold prediction of the year. The "bust" that has been Kevin Jones really stunk it up in the first half, but i have faith and will play him one more week. And since I have self-proclaimed super-human-future-reading powers I am going to predict a huge week for him on his final chance to stay in my and yours starting line up.

Kevin Jones vs. Cardinals at home.

135 yards/ 2 Touchdowns on 29 carries.
3 Catches for 43 yards

i predict that your prediction will be met with pessimism.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:00 pm

Its prolly going to be more like 29 yards on 135 carries along with 2 fumbles.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:36 pm

Your arent' exactly crazy because Mariucci should be getting desperate and might just let KJ carry the ball 25 times against a weak run D.
But KJ is hurting and Mariucci has successfully ignored what happened last season when he stopped forcing the ball to Bryson and Pinner.

I think if KJ gets off to a great start he could roll on the Cards. I just don't know that the Lions have enough heart to go off on any team right now.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby jh2031 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:14 pm

I agree KJ will have a good game against ARI who has allowed 13 TD's on the ground. Don't know if he'll have around 130 on about 30 carries though...that seems like an awful lot.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby umphrey » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:42 pm

KJ would be a good second half boom candidate. Early in the year I thought he'd be pretty average with Harrington at QB and good with Garcia. It turned out he sucked with Harrington, but I don't think we've seen enough of him and Garcia to make a decision yet.

Honestly, I think the entire Lions offense sucks and has much less talent and potential than most people think. Their O line isn't anything to write home about. Harrington is a busted pick and Garcia is washed up (still decent, but definatly below average for a NFL starting QB). Their 3 recievers can't stay healthy. Roy Williams is good and he'll probably be top 10 in a few years, but isn't yet. Charles Rodgers and Mike Williams are worthless. Pollard is the only steady option right now, and he is barely top 10 TE talent wise.

Kevin Jones looks pretty talented but he can't carry an offense and he isn't a goal line back.
Last edited by umphrey on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bagobonez » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:43 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Its prolly going to be more like 29 yards on 135 carries along with 2 fumbles.

True. Of course if I didn't own him, he'd be leading the league in rushing right now.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby daullaz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:53 am

Another week with Harrington under center. Expect more mediocrity from Kevin Jones.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk