more of fantasy football on tv - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

more of fantasy football on tv

Moderator: Football Moderators

more of fantasy football on tv

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:51 pm

this poindexter-looking jackass on the fantasy 10 min bit during espn-news (with Brendan funston) leads out with:

"HEY! WOW! Jamal Lewis! Is this guy not incredible? I mean, behind Priest Holmes, he's definitely the #2RB to have for your team!"

Gimme a break.

How did this guy get a job?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rcentro » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:39 pm

I wanted Lewis second round, but he was not their. I had to settle for S. Davis not doing to bad (no TD's). I still have high expectations from him and my first round pick LT. I am so upset I am 0-2 for the season.
"If there's grass on the field, Play ball!"
Ron Centrone
rcentro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby slowkidz » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:29 pm

on Spike TV they also have a show called "Fantasy Footbal" and "Football 101"...both pretty lame shows, but i'm just impressed that Fantasy Football programs are off of the public access stations....lol
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:37 pm

I couldnt agree more AwwChrist. They are reactionary, one guy predicted Peerless price to "have a bad day" and then said "but you HAVE to start him".

That said, I watch anything related to football :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Re: more of fantasy football on tv

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:41 pm

awwchrist wrote:"HEY! WOW! Jamal Lewis! Is this guy not incredible? I mean, behind Priest Holmes, he's definitely the #2RB to have for your team!"

Wow.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby paperbags » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:07 pm

I am not sure if it was around last year (I don't remember it) but now during ESPN Countdown and Primetime there is a Fantasy bottom line. I don't find it surprising that television in general is trying to jump on the phenomon that is FB!
paperbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Stingy D » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:59 pm

I've noticed the little Fantasy Football tickers at the bottom of the screen during NFL games lately. CBS has their own FF stuff gonig on, so it's prolly due to that, but still, it's cool.

And the SportsCenter guys refer to FF often.

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bbentley40 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:29 am

I like that people are starting to talk about FF on tv and all but I have yet to see any one of them give a tip that was useful. They are all generic or outdated. Like I am sure they will all be boasting for J. Lewis for a couple of weeks because he had a great week.. but if O. Gary were to (by some freak of nature) tear off 200 yards and 2 TDs next week then they would be saying to start him over EVERYONE. They all simply seem to go with who had the hot hand last week for their "this weeks picks" and that is a good way to get beat in FF because few players ever have back to back killer weeks.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk