Anyone still believe in Willy Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone still believe in Willy Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone still believe in Willy Green?

Postby PuntinFool » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:05 pm

He had some decent yardage the first week, rather hohum in the second, but will the real test be against San Francisco's D? I'm wondering if Willy's highest trade value was before the season even started. Ah well... it will be a race b/t him and LT to see who gets the first touchdown.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Challie » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:27 pm

It may still be a race between Green & LT for the first TD, but it's no contest for the race to 5th, 10th and possibly 15th.

The Chargers defense looks bad, but the offense is committed to the run, and I think KC & DEN made them look worse than they are. LT had a great season last year, and it's not like their defense was so stellar last season either. Give the guy time.

The Browns offense is looking to be in more serious trouble, but I think you're right - trading Green before Game 1 would have been better. You just have to ride him out, at least til he has a nice game then shop him.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:53 pm

I need Green to step up....sooner rather than later. The guy is killing me. C'mon Willie...pick up where you left off last year.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:27 pm

I am going to put Barlow in for him this week. I think he will come around, just gimme time
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ninetyniner » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:43 pm

Green is a quality back. He's fast, but hasn't shown the power that's needed to be a one-man show. He needs for his offensive partners to step it up on the passing attack, and for his defensive partners to keep the game within reach. If you have a RB on a team that can't pass the ball and can't defend the run, then the defense just stuffs the line and the offense runs out the clock once they have a league. Similar thing is happening to LT in San Diego.

I think he'll bounce back against San Francisco if the defense can keep it close enough so that Cleveland isn't forced to rely on throwing the ball to catch up. But that may be a lot to ask ...
ninetyniner

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk