Madden curse - Donovan McNabb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Madden curse - Donovan McNabb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:31 am

combine the Madden Curse with The Campbell Soup Curse and its worse the "Cat Fancy" and we know what that almost did to Warrick Dunn
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:58 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:People will do anything to support this damn curse.
When you are making clauses such as "It doesn't count for defensive players" and the like, it seems as if people are desperate to keep this curse alive.

McNabb is the #2 fantasy QB this year and is having a good season, the Eagles have kind of fallen off but I can still see them sneaking in as a wildcard, and the TO situation was waiting to blow and shouldn't have been affected by the curse.

Put the curse to rest.

You really think the Eagles have a shot at making the playoffs?

Let's have a look at the contenders in the NFC:

Seattle
St. Louis
Chicago
Atlanta
Carolina
Tampa Bay
NY Giants
Washington
Dallas
Philly

Now, which of those four teams do you think the Eagles beat out to make it in?

Chicago is pretty much a lock to win the North, but if they don't some other NFC North team will get in by virtue of winning that division... So you can't really count them amoung your list of four....

Possibly you could say Tampa Bay, Dallas, Washington and St. Louis, but I think that's doubtful as Washington and Dallas both have a game up on the Eagles, and Washington has already beaten them once....

No, I think the Eagles miss the playoffs this year... Their remaining schedule is as follows:

Dallas
at NY Giants
Green Bay
Seattle
NY Giants
at St. Louis
at Arizona
Washington

I think, AT BEST, they win 3 of those games... Putting them at 7-9... And 7-9 isn't going to get you a wildcard....

I doubt they only win three of those games. The defense has played well, and the offense should run a lot smoother after they've practiced a week without TO. In addition, five of the final eight games are at home, and one of the road games should be a breeze (Arizona) while another is definitely winnable (St. Louis). I think AT WORST they win four games (GB, ARI, and two divisional games at home) and at best they win 6 or 7.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:10 pm

I can't say the curse lives. McNabb leads the league in passing and is 2nd in passing TDs. He's currently 2nd in fantasy scoring among QBs in traditional scoring leagues, and this is only because Palmer hasn't hit his bye week yet.

I don't care if he's hurt or if he has the biggest A-hole in the league on his team, his production speaks for itself.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:26 pm

Thats funny because I was just talking about this with my friends. I think that as a SB pick by many and where the Eagles are now I would say its still alive. ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:31 pm

So on that note, who do you guys want to be on the Madden cover next year? ;-7
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:36 pm

Warhawk wrote:So on that note, who do you guys want to be on the Madden cover next year? ;-7

How about TO? Would love to see a crap year from him.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:47 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:No, I think the Eagles miss the playoffs this year... Their remaining schedule is as follows:

Dallas
at NY Giants
Green Bay
Seattle
NY Giants
at St. Louis
at Arizona
Washington

I think, AT BEST, they win 3 of those games... Putting them at 7-9... And 7-9 isn't going to get you a wildcard....

What a homer you are.

I think you meant "AT WORST", they win 3 of those games. You really think the Eagles have a shot of losing against GB at home? or losing to Arizona? Or only winning one more of those 4 other home games (they're 3-0 at home this year)?

Man...I used to have respect for your posts. First, you wrongly accuse me of "fervently" hyping the SF defense (ROFL!) and now this.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Charlie24 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:16 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:No, I think the Eagles miss the playoffs this year... Their remaining schedule is as follows:

Dallas
at NY Giants
Green Bay
Seattle
NY Giants
at St. Louis
at Arizona
Washington

What a homer you are.

I think you meant "AT WORST", they win 3 of those games. You really think the Eagles have a shot of losing against GB at home? or losing to Arizona? Or only winning one more of those 4 other home games (they're 3-0 at home this year)?

Man...I used to have respect for your posts. First, you wrongly accuse me of "fervently" hyping the SF defense (ROFL!) and now this.

no sir, I believe you are the homer

You say that the eagles at worst win 3 games? well who do you think they beat? I'll give you ARI and GB, but who else? you really think they're good enough to beat the Seahawks, Rams, Giants (twice), Cowboys, or Redskins?? thats a pretty tough schedule.

and the home argument is invalid as well. They play at home against every team in the NFC East (they're currently 0-2 against the NFC East) and they face the leader of the NFC West as well. Like I said, I'll give you GB, but but the way they've been playing they got slim chances of beating the others. They may be 3-0 at home, but two of those came in weeks 2 and 3 (when McNabb wasn't feeling the effects of his injury as much as now and Owens wasn't bitchin as much) agaisnt San Fran and Oak, and the other W was a fluke against the Chargers (the blocked FG)

I agree with Pliindsey, not because I'm a Cowboys fan, but because of the way the Eagles have been struggling and their tough remaining schedule
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:58 pm

eagles are ONE game out of the playoff hunt.

The have three HOME division games, games against GB and Arizona, Seattle at Home and the rams.

Let's see how the cowboys game shakes out. They lose that, and they are probably done. They win that, it is absurd to think they can't make it.

Especialyl considering that they are defending nfc champs. The schedule is "hard" yes, but the first half was harder.

Let's see the Giants beat an even decent team on the road before we anoint them.

Yea, eagles are having a down year, but christ, the division is only two games, and the wildcard is one game.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:01 pm

btw, mcnabb has looked better lately from the injury, not worse. he actually ran the other day.

And yes, the defense has sucked lately -- but for the most part, its the same personnel as last year. It isn't as if the ship can't be righted. and it isn't being a homer to say so. fact of the matter is -- after ALL of this turmoil and injuries,
"curse", and the target on their back -- they are still 4-4, with an easier schedule ahead. Giants look good, but we shall see as time goes on. arizona, gb, st. louis aren't GOOD (st. louis is dangerous though) by any stretch of the imagination.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk