Madden curse - Donovan McNabb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Madden curse - Donovan McNabb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:42 am

Warhawk wrote:So on that note, who do you guys want to be on the Madden cover next year? ;-7


Shaun Alexander. That bastard has single handedly killed me twice this year.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:54 am

Charlie24 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:No, I think the Eagles miss the playoffs this year... Their remaining schedule is as follows:

Dallas
at NY Giants
Green Bay
Seattle
NY Giants
at St. Louis
at Arizona
Washington

I think, AT BEST, they win 3 of those games... Putting them at 7-9... And 7-9 isn't going to get you a wildcard....


What a homer you are.

I think you meant "AT WORST", they win 3 of those games. You really think the Eagles have a shot of losing against GB at home? or losing to Arizona? Or only winning one more of those 4 other home games (they're 3-0 at home this year)?

Man...I used to have respect for your posts. First, you wrongly accuse me of "fervently" hyping the SF defense (ROFL!) and now this.

no sir, I believe you are the homer

You say that the eagles at worst win 3 games? well who do you think they beat? I'll give you ARI and GB, but who else? you really think they're good enough to beat the Seahawks, Rams, Giants (twice), Cowboys, or Redskins?? thats a pretty tough schedule.

and the home argument is invalid as well. They play at home against every team in the NFC East (they're currently 0-2 against the NFC East) and they face the leader of the NFC West as well. Like I said, I'll give you GB, but but the way they've been playing they got slim chances of beating the others. They may be 3-0 at home, but two of those came in weeks 2 and 3 (when McNabb wasn't feeling the effects of his injury as much as now and Owens wasn't bitchin as much) agaisnt San Fran and Oak, and the other W was a fluke against the Chargers (the blocked FG)

I agree with Pliindsey, not because I'm a Cowboys fan, but because of the way the Eagles have been struggling and their tough remaining schedule


Id have to agree.....BH you are the homer my friend. While I believe the Eagles may win 4 of their remaining games, PL was not in the wrong and not a total homer in his post. They have a rough schedule and from how they have been playing so far its hard to believe they will do much better than PL predicted.
Dont take a post from him that aggrivated you before and use in you explination here.
Image

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4461
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Clinching Playoff Spots

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:36 am

has anyone bothered to look at the giants schedule? that ain't easy either.

Yea, the division games are hard, but we have to see how it plays out. considering the eagles track record, it isn't homerism to err on the side of them righting the ship.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Unfortunately Eli will be on the cover next year. Not because I want him to be... just because I think he will. Please don't put LT on the cover...
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:35 pm

i think peyton or brady are a tad overdue to be honest.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bwagner112 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:52 pm

Well Rackers of course
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1274
Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: LBC

Postby theimitator » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:56 pm

not that I believe in this sort of thing, mind you, but it is starting to really take shape...Donovan's out vs Giants...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01453.html
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 510
Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: updating my Netflix queue

Postby Demented Avenger » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:08 pm

Biguns wrote:I think his struggles are more related to the "T.O. curse"


Ah yes, but you forget that TO was on the cover of ESPN 2K5 last year. It isn't the TO curse, but the monopoly curse coming back to doubly bite McNabb in the ass along with the Madden curse.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 653
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Youngstown

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:11 pm

maybe it is the "curse" because typically the players on it, have gone fairly deep into the post-season and played more games?

at any rate, never say die eagles fans. I won't give up till the math says they are done.

I am guessing it is time for peyton or shaun alexander.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:24 pm

Warhawk wrote:So on that note, who do you guys want to be on the Madden cover next year? ;-7



I will pray to all of my Gods that it is one of the Mannings. (Preferably Peyton)
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:41 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact