Please FIRE Dennis Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please FIRE Dennis Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:52 pm

terpfan wrote:Denny is a good coach, but this decision certainly is strange. When you are 2-6 you have to be thinking about the future, so an 0-4 record by the old man QB would seem like a perfect excuse to ge tthe young guy in there. not to mention, McCown has very simply out performed Warner this year.

Unless, of course, Denny is already thinking about the 2006 draft... In which case, finishing 2-14 to 4-12 would make for a mighty nice draft pick, and could possibly even land them Leinart....

Consider this...

If Arizona was to finish with 2, 3, or 4 wins, the only teams likely to pick ahead of them would be Houston, and possibly Green Bay and San Francisco... NONE of those three teams need quarterbacks, desperately... Houston could maybe go Leinart, but my money is on them taking D'Brickashaw Ferguson... Both Green Bay and San Fran got their QB's of the future in the 2005 draft.... One of them will go Reggie Bush, and the other will likely consider either an offensive lineman or possibly Laurence Maroney or DeAngello Williams....

That leaves Arizona with Leinart if they can finish with the #4 draft pick or better....

So put yourself in Denny Green's shoes for a minute... You aren't going to make the playoffs this year... Would you rather go into the 2006 season with McCown, Warner, or Leinart?

Hmmmm.....

Something to think about....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:21 pm

terpfan wrote:Denny is a good coach, but this decision certainly is strange. When you are 2-6 you have to be thinking about the future, so an 0-4 record by the old man QB would seem like a perfect excuse to ge tthe young guy in there. not to mention, McCown has very simply out performed Warner this year.

I, and it seems most AZ fans agree, but has Matthias pointed out, Green starts "his" guys. McCown never was and never will be Green's guy. Its unfortunate because I think AZ would at least be competitive with McCown. He'll be somewhere else next year, hopefully with a chance to start. I hope that team plays the Cards and he lights 'em up.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mudd » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:12 pm

As a 9er fan I was very happy to see the Nutty Professor end up in AZ. The guy is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history. He has HUGE amounts of talent on every team he coaches, yet they alway mysteriously underachieve. Plain and simple, that's bad coaching.

Thanks Denny, keep up the good work. At this rate, the 9ers won't finish last in the division.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk