NY Giants.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NY Giants....

Moderator: Football Moderators

NY Giants....

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:48 pm

Has anyone else been looking at the Giant's schedule for the rest of the year? I started checking it out preparing my Sweet Sixteen strategy, and I gotta say this schedule looks pretty brutal to me:

Minnesota
Philadelphia
at Seattle
Dallas
at Philadelphia
Kansas City
at Washington
at Oakland

All of these are winnable games, but I gotta think the only ones that I would really favor the Giants in are Minnesota this week and Philly at home next week.... MAYBE Dallas at home in week 13, too...

But assuming they win all of those games, and lose the rest, they still only go 9-7... Is that enough to win the NFC East?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:54 pm

hey there, artificial american, heh, um, maybe, but i dont see them beating dallas, the only real easy matchups i see are the queens, and oakland, so maybe, but then again, maybe not.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:45 am

That's why I just gave up Eli Manning in one of my leagues ( 8-o ) for Marc Bulger who was on waivers (yeah, it's a dopey league with less knowledgable friends).

Seriously though...I looked at the schedule and figured it was not nearly as favorable as the Rams' one. Plus, after you get past his 4 TD game earlier this year, he's only averaging 187 YPG and 1.25 TD's/game... :-?

The telling games are going to be the divisional ones. Those teams are fairly tough against the run, so if Tiki doesn't get it going, then it will be on Eli's shoulders to win games for them. They are a very solid team right now, and they are playing with a lot of confidence. I think that will help them immensely in some of their games. Assuming they can run the table at home (very possible in my mind) and they lose to Seattle (very good home team), Washington, and Philly on the road, they'll still be 11-5 and in good shape for the playoffs.

The NFC East is a brutal division this year, though...so one slipup at home could really affect their chances of taking the divisional title.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:10 pm

It's a tough schedule but I'm pretty pumped up about it. Going into this season I was really just looking forward to watching Eli progress and the Giants making strides to hopefully be a contender next season. At the beginning of the season I thought that the second half of the Giants schedule was a nightmare but now I just see a bunch of tough games. If the Giants are going to be a contender (or any team for that matter) they have to win the tough games. I realize I am taking the glass half full approach but I would rather the Giants have to claw their way in rather than roll through a soft schedule. A lot of people still doubt the Giants because of the early soft schedule. If they get through the 2nd half of their schedule and win the division they'll have earned it and there won't be any doubt.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giants! » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:03 pm

Giants are great as home team but below average as away.

They should win
Dallas
Minnesota

Could win
Kansas City
Philidelphia
@washington
at Oakland

Will lose probably
AT Philidelphia
At Seattle
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk