Make your call for the Playoffs.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Make your call for the Playoffs....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Make your call for the Playoffs....

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:00 am

Who do you all see going to the playoffs this year? I'm seeing it like this:

NFC North: Chicago (6)
NFC East: NY Giants (4)
NFC West: Seattle (1)
NFC South: Carolina (2)
NFC Wildcard: Atlanta (3)
NFC Wildcard: St. Louis (5)

AFC North: Pittsburgh (2)
AFC East: New England (5)
AFC West: Denver (4)
AFC South: Indianapolis (1)
AFC Wildcard: Cincinnati (3)
AFC Wildcard: Kansas City (6)

Round 1 of the playoffs:

Atlanta defeats Chicago

St. Louis defeats NY Giants

Cincinnati defeats Kansas City

Denver defeats New England

Round 2 of the playoffs:

Seattle defeats St. Louis

Carolina defeats Atlanta

Indianapolis defeats Denver

Pittsburgh defeats Cincinnati

NFC Championship:

Carolina defeats Seattle

AFC Championship:

Indianapolis defeats Pittsburgh

SUPER BOWL:

Indianapolis defeats Carolina

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Timbathia » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:05 am

Dont tell me that, I dont want to see the Broncos lose in the RCA dome again. I would rather they lost somewhere else this year.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:07 am

Timbathia wrote:Dont tell me that, I dont want to see the Broncos lose in the RCA dome again. I would rather they lost somewhere else this year.

Hey, at least I have them knocking off the Super Bowl Champs at Invesco....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:08 am

I'm liking most of those picks but i think the Cowboys will get in and not the Rams. And also switch KC with SD...and the Steelers beating the Colts in the playoffs. ;-)
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:11 am

jh2031 wrote:I'm liking most of those picks but i think the Cowboys will get in and not the Rams. And also switch KC with SD...and the Steelers beating the Colts in the playoffs. ;-)

The Cowboys are not a bad pick, but I think all of the NFC East teams are going to knock eachother out, and only the division winner will get in... Right now I'm calling that as the NY Giants who will finish 9-7, but it could easily be any of the others (except maybe Philly)... As much as I hate to say it as a Redskins fan, I think the winner of the NY / Dallas game in week 13 wins that division... Since it is being played in NY, I went with the Giants...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby jh2031 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:14 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
jh2031 wrote:I'm liking most of those picks but i think the Cowboys will get in and not the Rams. And also switch KC with SD...and the Steelers beating the Colts in the playoffs. ;-)

The Cowboys are not a bad pick, but I think all of the NFC East teams are going to knock eachother out, and only the division winner will get in... Right now I'm calling that as the NY Giants who will finish 9-7, but it could easily be any of the others (except maybe Philly)... As much as I hate to say it as a Redskins fan, I think the winner of the NY / Dallas game in week 13 wins that division... Since it is being played in NY, I went with the Giants...

Yeah, good point. They will be knocking each other around the rest of the year. What about Tampa?
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:17 am

Regarding your other two calls, the reason I took the Chiefs over the Chargers is that I think the one that gets in will be decided by their head-to-head matchup in week 16, and the game is being played in KC, so I went with the Chiefs...

And I think Big Ben is still another year away from the Super Bowl, at least... I think the pressure that Freeney will bring in the AFC Championship game will get to him....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby jh2031 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:19 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

Regarding your other two calls, the reason I took the Chiefs over the Chargers is that I think the one that gets in will be decided by their head-to-head matchup in week 16, and the game is being played in KC, so I went with the Chiefs...

And I think Big Ben is still another year away from the Super Bowl, at least... I think the pressure that Freeney will bring in the AFC Championship game will get to him....

Yeah, I think Ben looks a lot more poised this year but we'll have to see what he can do in the playoffs after what happened last year in the big games.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:19 am

jh2031 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Yeah, good point. They will be knocking each other around the rest of the year. What about Tampa?

Chris Simms doesn't have in him to make a playoff run... On the schedule they still have Atlanta twice, Washington, at Carolina, and at New England... Not looking good for a less than stellar young QB, IMO....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Re: Make your call for the Playoffs....

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:27 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Who do you all see going to the playoffs this year? I'm seeing it like this:

NFC North: Chicago (6)
NFC East: NY Giants (4)
NFC West: Seattle (1)
NFC South: Carolina (2)
NFC Wildcard: Atlanta (3)
NFC Wildcard: St. Louis (5)

AFC North: Pittsburgh (2)
AFC East: New England (5)
AFC West: Denver (4)
AFC South: Indianapolis (1)
AFC Wildcard: Cincinnati (3)
AFC Wildcard: Kansas City (6)

Well, other than the fact that you are ignoring the SeaParakeets history of late season collapses, and Miami most likely knocking the Pats out in the AFC East, I think you're pretty close...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk