WHY do people read, and not post? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHY do people read, and not post?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:20 am

I know it's frustrating wickerkat, but like others have said, if they can't add anything because they just don't have the proper knowledge, maybe it's better that they don't answer! ;-) I think every post in here pretty much hit all the reasons.

Personally, I view posts and don't answer because I have a similar question or situation, or I want to find out more about players and what people's opinions are on him for that week. If I can answer a question, I will, but sometimes I just don't know enough about a player or situation and I don't feel comfortable giving "uninformed" advice. Good luck and keep up the great posts!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 am

I don't have time to answer this post. ;-)

Just kidding. I usually only answer if I have something of value to add to the situation. The last thing I want is someone answering my questions with poor answers or without any helpful information. I like viewing lots of threads because in a lot of cases I have the same questions and am curious to see what others have to say. ;-D
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 am

All the reasons above are reasons why I sometimes don't. Another reason I look at a post and don't answer is because I too am looking for the answers to that post. Such as an injury post, or something along those lines.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby MrStrange » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:35 am

me too.
MrStrange
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:38 am

So wickerkat, what you're really saying is, "Everytime I read a post on this site (circumstances dont matter), I post a response." Correct?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:42 am

This is a wierd topic.

I don't post on every thread I read because I don't feel like it. It's not like reading a thread obligates a guy to respond, does it?

If so, somebody please put this new rule on a sticky!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Re: WHY do people read, and not post?

Postby Charlie24 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:47 am

wickerkat wrote:1. Question is too difficult or long to bother with.
2. It has already been answered to their satisfaction.
3. Not enough info has been provided (ie, roster, matchups, scoring system, etc.)

1. I guess there are times when people just don't want to answer because they're simply not sure what to say. This happens mostly in the Who to start forum IMO when someone enters a thread and is asked to choose between LJ, LT, or Tiki for example. Most people have no idea what to say or do here and would rather not answer than not help the other persno at all by flipping a coin or something
2. when this situation happens, there are a lot of people that post agreed or exactly or something like that. There are some who believe that its not worth it to just post a word agreeing with someone else since the creator of the post is bound to read such post anyways
3. this is the most common one. Most people in the roster rating or in the Start Bench forum ask something but forget to include thier roster size, other options, league rules, etc etc. When this happens, I just tell them we need more info, but there are those who dont have time or simply dont want to wait for a response
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:51 am

Food for thought: 1107 reads, 16 posts. :-b :-b :-b

I guess I had to post something since I looked at it.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:56 am

The 3 main reasons I don't reply are basically what BH said.

1. The post turns out to be lengthy and multiple in depth questions

or

2. I don't feel I can give good advice.

or

3. There are a few people that have answered how I would have.
Last edited by Azrael on Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby wickerkat » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:15 pm

Actually, a lot of points were brought up that I hadn't considered. I guess I assumed incorrectly. And you know what happens when you ass-u-me!

HskrPwr13: No, I don't expect people to post every time they read a thread. Like I just said above, I didn't realize that a lot of people read threads for different reasons.

I also thought that your "views" of a thread were limited to 1 for some reason. If you'd viewed it once, it wouldn't count it every time you looked at it. Wrong on that account I guess. And I guess I forgot that other people do come back to my thread to read follow up posts. I thought most people posted, and never came back.

NFL FAN: I understand that too. I don't post on every thread I read either. I usually don't post if (1.) i can't provide an educated opinion, or (2.) the guy (or girl) didn't post enough info to answer (ie, no roster, matchups, or scoring system). But, I will post if a guys asks "Who to start - LT or SA?" even if 8/10 say LT, becuase often we are looking for a majority. My vote may make it 9/11 or 8/11.

Bottom line, I was curious why people DON'T post when they read. Thanks for the info, it has been enlightening.

Good luck all, as injuries abound, studs don't step up, and RBBC dominates the NFL.

Later,
Wickerkat
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk