WHY do people read, and not post? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHY do people read, and not post?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby matmat » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:57 pm

I'm lazy. i can browse the forum with only my mouse, but answering questions requires the keyboard, which is often farther away from me than one arm length.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:34 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:A lot of the time the questions provide way too much information and I simply don't feel like reading it all.

If one question says, "Which WR to drop - Joe Schmoe or Frank Frankleton?" I can answer that (it's Frankleton).

However, some posts have three paragraphs on their league rules, who their opponent is starting, what their strategy is, what they ate for breakfast...I don't care.

Some people seem to expect people to waste a lot of time researching dudes for them and plugging crazy league rules. If it's a simple question, I can answer. I'm not going to do research for a guy that'll simply respond with a "tks...anyone else??????????????"

QFT.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:34 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:If one question says, "Which WR to drop - Joe Schmoe or Frank Frankleton?" I can answer that (it's Frankleton).

Wait, I thought Frankleton was a game-time decision? If so, then you have to go with Schmoe...his match-up may not be that great, but he should get decent numbers this week.

That's a great point FBC but really I think Schome's team is just playing a prank on him.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:09 pm

Because it has been answered and I have nothing to add, kind of like this bandwidth wasting post.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby phys » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:34 pm

Schmoe is available on my leagues WW. Should I pick him up?
phys
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:40 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:A lot of the time the questions provide way too much information and I simply don't feel like reading it all.

If one question says, "Which WR to drop - Joe Schmoe or Frank Frankleton?" I can answer that (it's Frankleton).

However, some posts have three paragraphs on their league rules, who their opponent is starting, what their strategy is, what they ate for breakfast...I don't care.

Some people seem to expect people to waste a lot of time researching dudes for them and plugging crazy league rules. If it's a simple question, I can answer. I'm not going to do research for a guy that'll simply respond with a "tks...anyone else??????????????"

My exact thoughts and reasons.

Sometimes I dont feel like writing out 10 Novel like replies in a Row, sometimes i might, and sometimes I might not have a good answer for you: if you ask who the 3rd string TE or towel boy was for the Packers in 1970, I prob dont know it and dont want to give you a "possibly" right answer.

I only like to answer the question if i am 95-100% assure my answer is correct or logical.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:07 pm

It's a forum...there is a good chance that a ton of people will read everything on here because they are just trying to absorb knowledge or read up on interesting stories. Only a small few actually do respond to any question (judging by the fact that there are around 50 guests on the site at any time that can't post). People involved in a thread will give double views also.

Everyone else explained why they post, and I'd say they have given the most popular reasons.

Sixxgunn wrote:Personally, I think a more important question is, "Why do people post and not read?". This is much more irritating.

You've got that right...I'm one of the guys that have to clean it up. :-P
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby wickerkat » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:52 pm

Payne,

IMO this post is not a waste of space. I've learned a lot. Maybe nobody else has, but I have. I didn't expect this kind of discussion, but I thank you all for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Good luck,
Wickerkat
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:55 pm

wickerkat wrote:Payne,

IMO this post is not a waste of space. I've learned a lot. Maybe nobody else has, but I have. I didn't expect this kind of discussion, but I thank you all for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Good luck,
Wickerkat

There's a difference between posts/replies and threads/topics. I liked the thread but my post was insignificant.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wickerkat » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:37 pm

Ah, my bad. I misunderstood you. My apologies.

Good luck,
Wickerkat
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk