Who thinks Lewis will even gain 100yrds next week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who thinks Lewis will even gain 100yrds next week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who thinks Lewis will even gain 100yrds next week?

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:00 pm

I really have to say after watching most of the ravens game that lewis will not gain more than 100yrds next week. I know you are probably saying are you crazy. But i just cant see it happening. I also was a doubter of Bouldin getting over 100yrds this week and look what happened. I just think the dfense cordinator of any team that play the ravens will have to be a freaking idiot not to pile 9 guys in the box and force baltimore to beat you with there passing game. Boller is just not ready for the starting job and i cant see him making plays down the field to beat you. Word to the wise trade lewis while he is hot bc you wont ever get the value u can get for him now.

TIP OF THE YEAR: Start any and all offensive players that play the browns they are just horrible and probably will finish top 3 in losses.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raww Method » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:06 pm

Hahaha, I agree with you on the Browns.

As far as Lewis gettin 100 again, I also agree. He is definately a talented back to get freakin 295 yards in a game, but they played against a Pittsburgh Defense that is just not showing much of a passion for run defense thus far. Week 1, (if I remember correctly) Lewis did not have that good of a game. I bout we'll see many yards over 100-150 for Lewis.

Could be wrong...
raww Method

Friendliness: %

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:12 pm

uh they played Cleveland when he ran for 295...
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:36 pm

There's a big difference between Lewis and Boldin. Lewis already has two productive seasons under his belt. I think he'll be a top-10ish back this year. However, if you can trade him for a top-5ish back based on last week's performance, I'd do it (LT?, Faulk?). I'd be worried about Boller too if I owned Lewis.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:56 pm

Is everyone freakin' crazy? Man, I disagree with just about everything in this thread...

First, Lewis may or may not get over 100 yards last week, but he is a good feature back who will touch the ball 20-30 times a week, which makes him a rarity in the NFL. In week 1, when they played Pittsburgh and were crushed, he had 73 total yards and a TD... I'll agree that we shouldn't expect 300 from Lewis, or even 100 every week, but he is a definite starter... these grumbling ring of people who are feeling sorry they didn't draft him...

Second, Boldin had a great week! "What?" you say? He had a great week! You know why? He had eight receptions... EIGHT... news flash, top receivers don't always get 100 yard games. Depends on a lot of things... to expect him to get 200 yards again is ludicrous... to hope for 100 is wishful (with any receiver)... but the guy caught more balls than anyone else on the team. I guarantee he goes over 100 yds again this year...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby GC » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:57 pm

Lewis is extremely undervalued. He may not be a Holmes, Portis, etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 10 RB this year. Two words, Jonathan Ogden.
GC

Friendliness: %

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:03 pm

Why wouldn't you think he could get 100 yards? Comparing Lewis to Boldin is completely idiotic. Boldin was a totally unknown rookie that was on about .3% of fantasy teams. Lewis is a proven back that could be known as a stud if he hadn't suffered an injury 2 years ago. Even though Lewis' game on Saturday won't be record-breaking, he'll put up solid fantasy numbers for owners.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:06 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Lewis may or may not get over 100 yards last week.

I agree
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Dude_ffc » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:25 pm

I stumbled across an old fantasy football mag from 2000 and Lewis was ranked at #4 for rb's. Then he was injured. Now having 2 years of recovery time and by the looks of him (and his speed and cutting ability) he is back to this status. The concern is their passing game but even if you stack the line against the Ravens you still have to execute. As the "other Dude" said 30 carries from one back is a rarity and this fact along with his talent make him appealing. He will have many 100 yard games this season. Next week for sure as thay are playing the hapless Chargers.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:51 pm

No but seriously, a few good pionts have been made in this post.

Any defensive coordinator would be a fool to not stack at least 8 in the box especially wiht Boeller at QB.

At the stame time, Lewis will get his share of carries every game, and is a must start fantasy wise.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk