Who thinks Lewis will even gain 100yrds next week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who thinks Lewis will even gain 100yrds next week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:55 pm

Guys you are getting this all wrong i am not saying lewis isnt good or boldin is a horrible player i was just pointing out the fact that i doubt lewis will gain over 100yrds in next weeks game. i was not comparing the 2 players with there breakout games i am just pointing to the fact that when these guys have these breakout games i cant see d cordinators not focusing game plans on them. sorry if there is confusion about the thread.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby V-unit » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:56 pm

I totally disagree with the comments on J. Lewis.I think he will be a top 10 Rb when its all said and done and as for week 3 he will have over 100yds with possibly 1td SD just sucks on D.Why the heck would you even compare him to Bouldin thats just total disrespect for Lewis.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:17 pm

Lewis is as close to a lock to get over 100 yards as any back next week. The Chargers gave up 197 rushing yards to the Broncos. Now I am not a coach, but I would guess that SD wasn't gearing their D to stop Plummer. The Ravens suck at QB and will rely on Lewis to run their ball control offense. I think he will get over 100 yards, now if you had said 150 yards...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:46 pm

So who are we talking aboot here??
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby OdeToNo1 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:06 pm

I also was a doubter of Bouldin getting over 100yrds this week and look what happened.

Wow!! You are a genius!!
OdeToNo1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hawkki » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:40 pm

This thread has definitely been interesting and entertaining to read.
V-unit I don’t think GB4L was comparing the two players in that way, go back and read the post a second time.
As moochman pointed out Lewis has as good an opportunity to gain 100yd as any other back in the NFL next week. Will he? I personal think so, the Chargers have shown that they cant stop the run. But he’ll come back down to earth in week 4 when he faces the Chiefs D.
As for Boldin, I personally thought he get a 100yd against the Seahawks, I mean were else are they getting their offensive from, Smith? Yea right. The only reason he didn’t was because Blake got hurt.

Looking at the Ravens schedule, Lewis has a potential of 7 more 100yd games, baring injury of course.
Hawkki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:48 pm

The_Dude wrote:First, Lewis may or may not get over 100 yards last week

Yeah, had to go fix the wife's car and didn't proof read this post... obviously the Dude was not sticking to a strict enough drug and alcohol regimen to keep his mind sharp... should say "THIS week"

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby TheGZA » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:00 pm

The_Dude wrote:Is everyone freakin' crazy? Man, I disagree with just about everything in this thread...

First, Lewis may or may not get over 100 yards last week, but he is a good feature back who will touch the ball 20-30 times a week, which makes him a rarity in the NFL. In week 1, when they played Pittsburgh and were crushed, he had 73 total yards and a TD... I'll agree that we shouldn't expect 300 from Lewis, or even 100 every week, but he is a definite starter... these grumbling ring of people who are feeling sorry they didn't draft him...

Second, Boldin had a great week! "What?" you say? He had a great week! You know why? He had eight receptions... EIGHT... news flash, top receivers don't always get 100 yard games. Depends on a lot of things... to expect him to get 200 yards again is ludicrous... to hope for 100 is wishful (with any receiver)... but the guy caught more balls than anyone else on the team. I guarantee he goes over 100 yds again this year...

I just read and re-read your post dude, I couldn't agree with you more. in my 10-team league, no one grabbed boldin after last week but as soon as i saw he had 8 catches i claimed him without even seeing his yardage or if he scored. as for lewis, did any of you actually WATCH the game? this guy is more than legit, he is a beast with tree trunks for legs (kept his feet several times after being hit/tripped up, leading to big runs) and showed phenomenal open field speed for a guy with his stature.

Great post! ;-D
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V-unit » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:06 pm

All i'm saying is that Lewis will get 100yds this week because SD Defense Sucks.As for Boldin its tuff to get 100yds+ as a wideout just look at TO, Moss, and Marvin they didnt even do it back to back.Whoever expected for Boldin (rookie) to even get 100yds is just insane.Why because they dont touch the ball 20+ times as RB's do and also the fact that he is a rookie and still learning.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:32 pm

OK, OK, OK. Where to start. I know this will basically be rehashing old points, I want to put my spin on them. First, I would bet someone 100 bucks that Lewis will pick up 100+ this week. Portis just scorched them for 129 on 12 carries. He averaged over 10 a carry. Plus, Mike Anderson put up another 60+ in mop up. What the hell do you think SD was doing, triple teaming Ed McCaffrey every play? It doesn't matter if the D concentrates on one guy if they suck. That's all I'm gonna say about the Lewis thing. Now for the Boldin thing, you realize they scored ZERO points, right? Obviously a decent Seattle D. 8 catches, 60+ for a receiver on a team that barely gained 200 yds passing between 2 QBs? I'll take that any day. Seattle has allowed the fewest points in the league, and from what I've seen has one of the best pass defenses. To judge Boldin against that D is just as silly as judging him against Detroit's. From what I've seen Boldin should be the best rookie this year (along with maybe Charlie Rogers), and should continue to produce.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk