Who thinks Lewis will even gain 100yrds next week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who thinks Lewis will even gain 100yrds next week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:44 pm

hawksfan896 wrote:OK, OK, OK. Where to start. I know this will basically be rehashing old points, I want to put my spin on them. First, I would bet someone 100 bucks that Lewis will pick up 100+ this week. Portis just scorched them for 129 on 12 carries. He averaged over 10 a carry. Plus, Mike Anderson put up another 60+ in mop up. What the hell do you think SD was doing, triple teaming Ed McCaffrey every play? It doesn't matter if the D concentrates on one guy if they suck. That's all I'm gonna say about the Lewis thing. Now for the Boldin thing, you realize they scored ZERO points, right? Obviously a decent Seattle D. 8 catches, 60+ for a receiver on a team that barely gained 200 yds passing between 2 QBs? I'll take that any day. Seattle has allowed the fewest points in the league, and from what I've seen has one of the best pass defenses. To judge Boldin against that D is just as silly as judging him against Detroit's. From what I've seen Boldin should be the best rookie this year (along with maybe Charlie Rogers), and should continue to produce.

I completely agree. ;-D
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:47 pm

In addition to his 8 catches, Boldin also had 6 other balls thrown his way bringing his total 'thrown to' total to a whopping 14 times. On 2 other plays were the Cards had a penalty, Boldin was the target as well. Blake's injury will put a question into Boldin's short term value. He look slike a player for sure. A WR (especially an unknown rookie) getting 100 yards is tougher for a RB to get 100 yards, especially if the RB gets the ball 30 times.

I think Lewis has a good shot to go for 100 yards this week, or any week. I don't move him up a whole lot in my rankings. I guess I'd move him into the Edgerrin/Ahman tier, Behind the top 8 RB's (Ricky thru Henry). I always had him ahead of Dillon/Davis/W Green types.

Calling him the #2 fantasy RB is a stretch. It's still the Raven offense. There is Heap and Lewis, and nothing else. Travis Taylor isn't worth starting with either of the QB's.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:52 pm

there's absolutely a chance of him getting a 100 yards.
there's absolutely a chance that he could get 60.

this guy lives off of the Cleveland Browns. Don't get dellusional about him. If you have the chance to trade him....do so.

I got me a 1WR out of him today.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Game JLo » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:48 am

:-o Dare I say... NO!
65 yrds & no score.
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:07 am

I love Lewis and think he'll have a great year, but I'm currently trying to trade him straight up for LT.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Masty » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:11 am

If you think that Lewis isn't going to get 100 yards this week you are out of your friggin mind!! Look, I am a die hard chargers fan but let's face it, they have one of the worst D's in the league this year. Chargers Offense is totaly enimic without a single WR threat this week. Caldwell is out and Fred Taylor's cousin David Boston is gonna miss the game again. Don't give me that Tim Dwight S#!T. THey are going to be punting all day long and Baltimore's time of possesion is going to be disgusting. And all they are going to do is run run run. Lewis will find 100 easy!!!

Charger lovers all around feel like they are 20 again and stuck in that relationship with a 6 month break up. I just wish they would hurry up and move to L.A.(Which they are going to do next year)
Masty

Friendliness: %

Postby AF » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:17 am

I would agree with the first post BUT, Lewis is going up against the Chargers next week. The Chargers gave up 100+ yards to portis in the first quarter last week. I'd put money on him reaching 100.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CVhawk » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:01 pm

Forget about 100 yards the question should be can or will he break 200 yards.That San Diego Defense is worse than Seattles run D was last year.
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk