What do you make of this news??! (about Holt) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you make of this news??! (about Holt)

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you make of this news??! (about Holt)

Postby Long-Snapper » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:15 pm

THE NEWS
Rams wide receiver Torry Holt's knee injury might be more serious than he's been letting on. Team officials described the injury as a bruised knee, but Holt later told reporters that he had a sprained ligament. Now, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that sources confirmed that he has a torn ligament. Nevertheless, he has practiced all week and is still targeting Sunday for his return.

Our View
At this point, it appears Holt will play against the Seahawks. He plans to make an official decision on his playing status on Saturday, so we'll let you know what he decides once that information is released.

From Fanball.com
Long-Snapper
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MEK4178 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:18 pm

Where the hell did that come from?

the last i heard was this:

Nov 10 Holt has been practicing with the Rams all week and has reported no problems with his troublesome knee, prompting the team to upgrade him to probable on the injury report. The veteran receiver, who has been sidelined for more than three weeks with a bruise and strained posterior cruciate ligament, will be in the starting lineup for Sunday's matchup with the Seattle Seahawks, barring any last-minute setbacks.

Advice: The Rams offense could be back to full strength this weekend. Quarterback Marc Bulger (shoulder) has been cleared to return, and fellow receiver Isaac Bruce (toe) hopes to join Holt in the lineup after a six-week absence as well. In six games this season, Holt has 44 catches for 638 yards and four touchdowns.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Long-Snapper » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:32 pm

It is on the front page on Fanball.com.
Long-Snapper
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:47 pm

I want this confirmed, a lot of sites arnt reporting it.

It is possible, and STL wont tell anyone until Sunday morning like they did the first game Holt was out.

Wouldnt we see it on more sites than 1 or 2?

My day is already getting crappy now that I have heard this more than once.

If it is confirmed, you'll find me at the local gun shop, picking up a handy tool to do myself a favor.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:58 pm

Hmmmmmmm.... This isn't sounding good, they might be hiding something from us....

Nov. 11 Although he's optimistic about his injured right knee, Torry Holt (WR) StL. stopped short of saying he definitely would play Sunday against Seattle, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "My plan is play Sunday," Holt said. "I'm going to continue to monitor (the knee) day to day. I'll try to go out there and practice the way I'm going to play in the game and keep my fingers crossed."
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Long-Snapper » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:48 pm

I'd be more concerned if he does play and injures his knee even more.

NFL Live just reported that Holt and Bruce will both start for what's worth. I don't have a link, but heard it on the ESPN Radio. We shall see.
Long-Snapper
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby matmat » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:03 pm

is it the MCL tear you can play through with a brace?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tbones » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:09 pm

Rams | Holt practices, probable Published Fri Nov 11 6:05:00 p.m. ET 2005
(KFFL) St. Louis Rams WR Torry Holt (knee) practiced Thursday, Nov. 10, ran very well and looks like he will play in Week 10 against the Seattle Seahawks.
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby gtgrad95 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:27 pm

It's confirmed...torn ligament. From the St. Louis Dispatch:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument

As for Holt and Bruce?

"They've looked better every day so far," Vitt said. "So they continue to progress, which is encouraging."

Holt will wait until Saturday before making a decision on his availability for the NFC West showdown against the Seahawks.

"My plan is play Sunday," Holt said. "I'm going to continue to monitor (the knee) day to day. I'll try to go out there and practice the way I'm going to play in the game and keep my fingers crossed.

"And then Saturday morning, if there's no swelling and no discomfort, then I'll come in, I'll sit down with Vitt and we'll make a decision on it. I'm sure he'll ask me, 'How do you feel? Do you feel like you're ready to go?' He'll ask the trainers the same thing, and hopefully, it'll be a yes all the way across the board."

Holt said he has no swelling, no soreness and no discomfort in the knee, which was injured in the Rams' first game against Seattle this season Oct. 9 at the Edward Jones Dome. He has been wearing a brace on the knee this week in practice.

"I don't necessarily like the brace," Holt said. "But I understand what it's there for. It definitely allows me to have some confidence. It allows me to have some stability in the knee."

At the moment, Holt said, the brace is restricting his movement a little bit.

"I can't pick 'em up and put 'em down as quickly as I would like to," Holt said.

The Rams originally described the injury as a bruised knee, then Holt told the Post-Dispatch a couple of weeks ago that he had sprained a ligament. But in his comments Thursday to reporters, Holt hinted strongly that he had suffered a torn ligament, which sources say is indeed the case.

"Talking with the doctor (Wednesday), he said things are scarring up a little bit," Holt said. "The scar tissue is starting to take place, so that's going to allow things to heal up, make things a little safer."

Scar tissue develops when torn ligaments are healing.

In any event, Holt is on the verge of playing. Despite his work on the practice field this week, Bruce's availability remains less certain.

"Getting Torry back is obviously going to be huge. But Isaac, I wouldn't say he's 100 percent back yet," Bulger said. "We'll see how (Bruce) feels. We don't want to rush him. We don't want to lose him for the year. ... It's one of those nagging injuries where if you just move it the wrong way, it flares up."

As for his shoulder injury, Bulger said, "I did everything on Monday and probably even a little more because I did a couple extra drills. I just wanted to see where it was at. It was a little sore. But the day off Tuesday helped."

Bulger cut back on his throwing after Monday's practice, and that has helped.

"When we go to special teams periods, (the quarterbacks) do a lot of footwork drills and throw the ball," Bulger said. "I'll keep doing the footwork, but I'll just hold back on 20 or 30 unnecessary throws, which will help save it a little bit."

Bulger also has cut back on some of his rehab-related work because he thinks it's not helping the shoulder. "(Throwing) 50 to 100 balls a day, I think, is enough for it, in my own personal opinion," he said
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:04 am

Alkaholik wrote:I want this confirmed, a lot of sites arnt reporting it.
If it is confirmed, you'll find me at the local gun shop, picking up a handy tool to do myself a favor.

I would have thought a case of cold ones would've been your weapon of choice.

I think the fate of Holt for Sunday could depend on the shape of the field. If the footing is shakey because of expected rainy weather I wouldn't be surprised if they sat him, or used him as a decoy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk