Thoughts on Price - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Price

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Price

Postby darkrock76 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:21 pm

Well I was one of the people who thought that Price would do fine as a number one receiver out in Atlanta, even after Vick went down I thought "the sling" Johnson would take over and Price would still be fine.

However, after the first two weeks i've seen practically no production out of him. So I was curious what people are doing, packaging him up and trading or trying to ride this out as an early season slump?
darkrock76
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:39 pm

I'm in the same boat in one of my leagues. But you got to wait it out and hope he comes around... his value is nothing right now.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raww Method » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:42 pm

Look in my post under Vick comin back, and you'll see how I feel about Price...

I Think you should look for trade bait if he shows any signs of life - I don't believe he will be consistent this year.
raww Method

Friendliness: %

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:18 pm

Try swapping him for another similar quality WR if you can, but more likely you are stuck with him. You'd need a pretty decent group of WR to bench him weekly. All you can do is hope. He doesn't suck, so he should get at least some TD's and yards. His slow start is probably worse than expected.

I just saw him traded in a 3 for 3 deal with solid quality going both ways. Price and Driver were the WR's involved. I'm sure Drvier's owner might consider the swap. K-Rob's pwner might be down on him as well. Offer a swap. Driver should be back after next week I think. K-Rob was just benched for being late to a team meeting for a game, but apparently he will not suffer futher punishment.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tjhksig » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:26 pm

Price has started slow, but so have other good WR's. I think not having Vick has hurt his value, that had a great rapport in the pre-season. His value is crap so you won't get anything good for him; all you can do is hope he picks it up.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk