Week 2 Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 2 Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 2 Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:05 pm

From PFW.

Monday, Sept. 15, 2003

Ravens RB Jamal Lewis, who set the NFL single-game rushing record with 295 yards in Baltimore's 33-13 win over Cleveland, on telling Browns MLB Andra Davis that he might set a record if he got as much work as Davis desired: “Andra told me he wanted me to get the ball 30 times. I told him if I get the ball 30 times, it's going to be a career day. I'm not going to say I predicted it. It was lucky.''

Chiefs OG Brian Waters on WR-RS Dante Hall’s 100-yard kickoff return that helped lead Kansas City back from an early 10-0 deficit and sparked a 41-20 romp over Pittsburgh: “Dante's return was the biggest play of the game for us. Easily. Our offense wasn't doing anything. The defense was doing their best. But, man, when that play happened it just turned the whole game around.''

Jaguars DE Hugh Douglas on the team’s 0-2 start — the first time Jacksonville has been 0-2 since its expansion season in 1995 — after a 38-17 home loss to Buffalo, the worst home loss in the franchise's history: "I'm going to fight all the way to the end, I don't give a damn what the record is.''

Colts head coach Tony Dungy on ending a three-game losing streak against Tennessee with a decisive 33-7 win over the defending AFC South-champion Titans: "We held serve, to put it in Wimbledon terms. Last year, we had this opportunity and we didn't get it done and we were behind the eight-ball all year."

Jets S Jon McGraw on Dolphins RB Ricky Williams' 125-yard rushing day in Miami's 21-10 win over New York: "Ricky was picking his holes real well and that makes it real tough. If you can't stop the run, you're in for a long day.''

Texans QB David Carr on being sacked five times and hit at least 10 times by the Saints' defense in New Orleans' 31-10 victory Sunday: “That was the most physical game I've played since I've been here.”

Rams head coach Mike Martz on QB Marc Bulger after Bulger guided St. Louis to a much-needed 27-24 overtime victory over San Francisco: “That, ladies and gentlemen, is a big league quarterback.”

Packers C Mike Flanagan on playing on a wet field in rainy Green Bay, where the Packers crushed the Lions 31-6: “Fat guys up front love that slow, sloppy field, love the rain. This is a lineman's dream. I saw it was raining and everybody woke up with smiles on their faces. It makes it hard to throw and we know what we have to do."

Eagles QB Donovan McNabb on his poor play this season, following a 18-for-46 for 186 yards passing performance with zero touchdowns and two interceptions in a 31-10 home loss to New England: “I'm way better than what I've been doing. I have to go out and make the plays. I'm not confused. Consistency is something I don't have.”

Raiders WR Jerry Rice on almost losing to the cellar-dwelling Bengals, 23-20, at home Sunday: “I didn't come back for this. We're at home. We won the game, but we didn't play well. I have a problem with that. We have to live with it, but we expect to play better ... I expect to get the job done and I expect my teammates to get the job done. This is like two weeks in a row.”

Panthers DT Kris Jenkins on his game-preserving extra-point block — the third blocked kick of the day for Carolina, and second for Jenkins — in the Panthers' 12-9 overtime victory over Tampa Bay: “I went in and blocked it. I don't think it was rocket science or anything. It was now or never. We didn't have a choice. Somebody had to get it.”

Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan on claiming QB Jake Plummer had sustained a concussion, not a separated shoulder in the Broncos' 37-13 victory over San Diego Sunday: “If Steve (Beuerlein) went down on the first or second play and Jake went in there with a separated shoulder, (the Chargers) would know that we could not throw the football. So, for his sake and our sake I had to fib a little bit.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:25 pm

nice GP some of those are pretty good. lol @ Shanny btw :-D hes gonna be in some trouble with the league ;-)
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SinCity » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:45 pm

Good stuff for sure... thanks.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk