Who is getting an Xbox 360? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

Who is getting an Xbox 360?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cards24 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:38 pm

8-o $60-$70 bucks per game???!!! When you can have the same game for more than 50% less on PC... need to say more.

I am sorry, anything over $50.00 (and thats pushing it) is my limit, especially if you want to have some kind of decent game collection. You can buy 10 games and you'll be close to a $1,000 - I think game rentals will increase ;)

On a lighter note I was at costco today and they had 360 games for $53.00, This is a good sign because I can see them dropping a couple of bucks after the inital craze which will be closer to current PS2 and xbox game prices.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 803
Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sun Devil Stadium ASU

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:58 pm

Cards24 wrote:8-o $60-$70 bucks per game???!!! When you can have the same game for more than 50% less on PC... need to say more.

I am sorry, anything over $50.00 (and thats pushing it) is my limit, especially if you want to have some kind of decent game collection. You can buy 10 games and you'll be close to a $1,000 - I think game rentals will increase ;)

On a lighter note I was at costco today and they had 360 games for $53.00, This is a good sign because I can see them dropping a couple of bucks after the inital craze which will be closer to current PS2 and xbox game prices.


I feel sick paying more than $30 for a video game.
Madden will get my $50 every year, but all the other games can wait til they drop in price. I am talking about current-gen xbox games. I don't feel any need to run out and get a 360 right away, I still have like 3-4 unplayed xbox games. Plus, there are a ton of games out there that I never got the chance to play since I didnt feel like dishing out $49.99.

If you have a PS2 or Xbox, I would say wait a year or two until the price drops to get the next-gen systems. There are still plenty of great current-gen games to play.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Rewards come to those who wait...

Postby lparsons » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:07 pm

Almost all new games cost at least $50 right now, regardless of system. However, I rarely, if ever pay that much. The used game market (esp. for consoles) is an excellent place to get great titles at a fraction of the cost (often $15 or less). XBox360 and PS3 will both be too expensive for me to justify their first year. Also, the launch titles are not likely to be that great, usually one or two good ones at best. After a year or two though, prices will go down, more good games will be out there, and the used game market will be in full swing. Oh, and by then it will be much easier to tell which system you want. Why try to guess and decide now? I guess some people just have to have the latest games, but for me, a two year old game I haven't played yet is still new and just as entertaining as it was when it was released.
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 107
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rewards come to those who wait...

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:23 pm

lparsons wrote:Almost all new games cost at least $50 right now, regardless of system. However, I rarely, if ever pay that much. The used game market (esp. for consoles) is an excellent place to get great titles at a fraction of the cost (often $15 or less). XBox360 and PS3 will both be too expensive for me to justify their first year. Also, the launch titles are not likely to be that great, usually one or two good ones at best. After a year or two though, prices will go down, more good games will be out there, and the used game market will be in full swing. Oh, and by then it will be much easier to tell which system you want. Why try to guess and decide now? I guess some people just have to have the latest games, but for me, a two year old game I haven't played yet is still new and just as entertaining as it was when it was released.


I totally agree. I have PS1 and PS2 so I will most likey get PS3 but i'm gonna wait and see what each console does. I don't want to dish out $400 bucks for a console that is gonna suck in the future(see Ninendo 64 after the Playstation game out) Plus, I really like the PS3 b/c I am a huge Final Fantasy and Metal Gear solid fan.
Hopefully it can ward off the the early release of 360 and create a better, more effective system for now and the future
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:04 pm

Uh....the Playstation came out more than a year BEFORE the 64...
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby defianthart » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:35 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Uh....the Playstation came out more than a year BEFORE the 64...


yeah i was wondering about that myself...

also ive been playing my n64 for like 2 weeks straight now, i got sick of my xbox. plus 64 has some of the best games ever made...

anyway, im guessing no ones gotten a 360 yet, id really like to hear some first hand experience with it. even though i will probably wait until the PS3, id like to know if the 360's lived up to the hype
Image
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1818
Joined: 2 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: georgia bitches

das

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:26 pm

I'm deff. getting the 360. ;-D

Hopefully going to pick up cod2, halo3, and madden'06
Image

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3517
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Chicago

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:58 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Uh....the Playstation came out more than a year BEFORE the 64...


True, but i didn't buy my PS1 till after a year or so and both consoles were on the markey. Plus, i'm not a hardcore gamer so I don't have my dates down to a tie... Also, sorry I didnt specify...

As for that, Nintento had the stranglehold on the gaming market but they Playstation took over. I can see Microsoft doing that to Sony(but I hope not)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby The Great Gambini » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:23 am

A buddy of mine's got the 360. Said the graphics are amazing, especially because he's got a big HDTV...damn rich-ass.
Image

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3654
Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Title Town - 3 state chamionships in 5 years!

Postby defianthart » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:16 am

my girlfriends cousin camped outside a store to preorder 3 360s. hes got 2 on ebay right now, 1 going for 600 and the other for 800...

i think he had the right idea


oh and i dont think playstation really took over the console market until after the PS2 was released. 64 and PS1 were really about on the same page quality wise, it was just more of a preference. with the "flop" of gamecube and the xbox just not being as good, Sony gained a lot of ground.
Image
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1818
Joined: 2 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: georgia bitches

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:12 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact