Is This the Worst Game Ever? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is This the Worst Game Ever?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is This the Worst Game Ever?

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:52 pm

This Monday night game is pretty awful... poorly played with two teams that are subpar at best (I know I'm gonna hear it from the Giants fans now - at least Dallas fans know they're going to be awful for another year)

So, that brings up the question... what's the worst football game you've ever watched?

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby yoda83 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:59 pm

miami vs. alabama, 92 sugarbowl(?). i know you probably meant nfl, but this was just a depressing game. the canes deserved better.

as for the pros, buffalo vs. dallas, superbowl for the 92 season. that was supposed to be the bills' year. the only game ever that made me cry. i mean, damn! they had that comeback against houston in the wildcard.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:01 pm

yoda83 wrote:miami vs. alabama, 92 sugarbowl(?). i know you probably meant nfl, but this was just a depressing game. the canes deserved better.

Are you serious? I thought that was a great game, everyone thought that Miami was going to kill 'um.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby yoda83 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:02 pm

i'm a miami fan.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 49ers Forever » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:00 am

are you kidding, this is a great game. Granted, the cowboys don't deserve mnf bidding because of parcells, but they showed heart, huge giants comeback, and three overtime drives. CRAZY! Granted, you probably posted this when it was like 26-7.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Dude » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:43 am

49ers Forever wrote:are you kidding, this is a great game. Granted, the cowboys don't deserve mnf bidding because of parcells, but they showed heart, huge giants comeback, and three overtime drives. CRAZY! Granted, you probably posted this when it was like 26-7.

I know, I know... that's what I get for posting at halftime... I was asleep by the time the game got good... :~(

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby bbentley40 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:18 am

yoda83 wrote:i'm a miami fan.

Well I can understand that you would feel that game sucked then.. but what exactly made it a bad game other than the fact that miami bubble got popped by the best defense in the nation that year? You gotta remember the old saying.. Offense will sell the tickets.. but defense will win the championship!

I thought that was a great game.. EVERYONE doubted Bama. Keith Jackson ranted for 30 minutes before the game about how Bama did not deserve to be on the field with Miami. All they did was go out there and play the best game of the year to win it all. And lets not forget that the greatest play that never happened (holding penalty) was in that game... thats right.. Teague chasing down the Canes "fastest" guy and not just to make the tackle but to take the damn ball away from him and go the other way.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yoda83 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:12 pm

all the reasons you listed made that one of the worst games for me to watch. i know this thread was probably asking for dull games, but i just needed to vent. and miami's D was pretty good that year, too.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Yianni2112 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:10 pm

yoda83 wrote:as for the pros, buffalo vs. dallas, superbowl for the 92 season. that was supposed to be the bills' year. the only game ever that made me cry. i mean, damn! they had that comeback against houston in the wildcard.

The first one against the Giants still makes me cry.
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ScaR » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:22 pm

Hey!! That BAMA game was one of the great games.
ScaR
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk