Leinart. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

Leinart.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leinart.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:03 pm

Leinart to Ravens: "I'll Play Baseball"

In a press conference today held at the USC campus, Trojans quarterback Matt Leinart announced that if the Baltimore Ravens continued to play poorly enough to get the first pick in the 2006 NFL draft, and if they selected him, he would not report. Instead, he would play baseball for the Oneonta Yankees of the NY-Penn (Class A) League.

Leinart, reading from a prepared statement, said "As a lifelong fan of John Elway, there is no way I would ever want to play football in the city of Baltimore. I've spoken to John, and he has informed me that the situation has become dramatically worse than it was in 1983 when he refused to play for the Colts. The ownership group is worse, the team is markedly worse, and the 'fans' have somehow become even more stupid in 22 years.

"When I opted to return to college for my senior year, I figured that I'd likely wind up drafted by a team with tradition - like Cleveland, or somewhere warm like Miami or Tampa Bay. Baltimore was 9-7, so I knew there would be no way that they could fall far enough to get the first overall pick. But as it turns out, they're absolutely awful! It's like they're trying to lose games that they should win. I mean, losing to Detroit? Tennessee? Are you kidding me?"

Leinart excelled in baseball during his prep days at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California and believes that he can use baseball to stay out of Baltimore like Elway did.

"I've been working again on my baseball skills, going to the batting cages a couple of times a week, and working out my throwing arm. I'm getting my timing down so that I can play baseball if I need to. I'll tell you this, there is no way I'm going to go to a football team full of criminals and thugs. I'm a clean-cut guy and I'd never fit in with that 'element', if you know what I mean.

"And it's not just John. I was inspired last year by Eli Manning's refusal to play for San Diego, and although I think he's nuts for giving up the opportunity to live and work in Southern California, I can respect the fact that he stood by his convictions and wouldn't play for a team that he perceived wasn't committed to winning. And if he can get out of playing in a gorgeous city like San Diego, how could I possibly be expected to play in a hell hole like Baltimore, of all places? Talk about a team that has no commitment to win! It's not going to happen. Baseball is a viable option for me, and I'll play baseball."

In reaction to Leinart's press conference, Baltimore owner Steve Bisciotti said, "If we want to lose the rest of our games so that we can draft Matt Leinart, we'll do so. I mean, we'll draft him. Not that we'll try to lose all of our games. I mean, you can't just do that in this league. So we won't. You can't. We're not allowed. So we'll try hard to win them all. Make sure you tell Paul Tagliabue that I said that, OK? We're really going to try.

"But if we do get Leinart and he doesn't want to play here, I'll personally make sure that he doesn't play baseball! We'll trade Leinart for a couple of magic beans just like the Irsays did with Elway. We'll show him! You know, that is, if we would just happen to lose the rest of our games. Where's David Modell? Somebody fetch me my slippers!"
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:10 am

please...
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SheLovesFootball » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:30 pm

GP.. you back? hmmm... you never responded to my last statements to you...

well???
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:13 pm

Well what?

The fact that re-injuring Ben's knee has been the highlight of your season so far?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:50 pm

GP likes to make stuff up, that's why he doesn't put a link with his article. ;-D

If this is true, I wonder what elway thinks about leinhart dropping his name like that. Pretty disrespectfull. And as far as a football club with tradition, wouldn't the Ravens be the traditional Brownies?

Since when does John Elway have his finger on the pulse of Baltimore or Ravens organization.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:29 pm

RW, I didn't write this up yet it is a false story... I thought that was quite apparent to anyone with half a brain reading it...

GP likes to make stuff up? You don't know me well enough to make such accusations.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby klaxs258 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:52 pm

y do u make us even waste our team reading such garbage like that.

[b]Tiger Woods[/b]
2006 British Open Champion
Woods-11 Nicklaus-18
[b]Wins At Age 30[/b]
Woods-50 Nicklaus-33

[b]The Greatest Golfer ever Tiger Wood[/b]
klaxs258
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:11 pm

klaxs258 wrote:y do u make us even waste our team reading such garbage like that.

I don't make anyone do anything, funny that you did though. :-b
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baltimore Ravens