The only game that matters this coming week... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

The only game that matters this coming week...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:14 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Well, that was exceedingly painful to watch.
Add to that I got two phone calls of pure heckling minutes after the game was over.

Go Penn State!
I am going to the Orange Bowl and I'll be damned if I have to drive 24 hours to watch Ohio St.

If this USC score can hold up, they may end up in the Rose!
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:31 am

Nilmerf wrote:If both Michigan universities win this week, Christmas will come early for rabid Wolverine fans. Go Blue!

So sorry Xmas was ruined for the Wolvies.

3 in a row and 4 outta 5.

GO BUCKS!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:35 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Well, that was exceedingly painful to watch.
Add to that I got two phone calls of pure heckling minutes after the game was over.

Go Penn State!
I am going to the Orange Bowl and I'll be damned if I have to drive 24 hours to watch Ohio St.

I'm hopin' we get ND in the Fiesta. (Live in PHX)

Don't hate the playa.... ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Sichigan Mucks.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:04 pm

What the hek, I'll bring it up. ND didnt move in the rankings when they lost a close one at home to USC. Will Fresno get the same love after barely losing to USC on the road? We shall see. ;-)
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:16 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:What the hek, I'll bring it up. ND didnt move in the rankings when they lost a close one at home to USC. Will Fresno get the same love after barely losing to USC on the road? We shall see. ;-)

Did you watch both games? Two very different scenarios....

USC got VERY lucky to beat Notre Dame... A fluke fumble out of bounds by Leinart with a few seconds on the clock is the only thing that saved them...

In contrast, Fresno State got VERY lucky to come as close as they did to USC.... There were several great special teams plays by Fresno State, and at least one costly special teams mistake (Reggie Bush fumble which led directly to a score) that kept Fresno State in the game... But, they let Reggie Bush go for 300 yards on the ground, and 513 all-purpose yards in this one... There is NOTHING spectacular about letting a single player torch your team for 513 all-purpose yards.... NOTHING....

I can totally see why Notre Dame didn't drop in the polls after their game with USC, and I would TOTALLY understand if Fresno St. did drop a little... That being said, Fresno State did not move an inch up or down, either, so I guess your theory of Notre Dame favoritism just flew out the window....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:45 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I can totally see why Notre Dame didn't drop in the polls after their game with USC, and I would TOTALLY understand if Fresno St. did drop a little... That being said, Fresno State did not move an inch up or down, either, so I guess your theory of Notre Dame favoritism just flew out the window....

That should be tounge in cheek, as this hardly sqwelches my point against the ND bias. Are you, at this point, trying to claim that there is no ND bias? I've read 2 articles this morning, one on collegefootballnews.com and another in todays az republic that back my thoughts exactly. I'll bring up some of it in your other post.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:48 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Are you, at this point, trying to claim that there is no ND bias?

I'm claiming that Notre Dame gets no more consideration than they rightfully deserve as the most beloved college football team on the planet...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:Are you, at this point, trying to claim that there is no ND bias?

I'm claiming that Notre Dame gets no more consideration than they rightfully deserve as the most beloved college football team on the planet...

Fair point. To me when ND isnt the only school that has fans that travel or can draw ratings, they shouldnt just be given the nod because they're Notre Dame. We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to College Football