POINT SCORING CONTROVERSY!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

POINT SCORING CONTROVERSY!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

POINT SCORING CONTROVERSY!!!!!

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:00 am

Hey guys, can any of you help me out?.......In my league, I'm 2 pts away from getting a victory against an opponent. I have Brian Urlacher in my yahoo league and on nfl.com it said that he had 10 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, a sack, and a fumble recovery. Here's how my league scores D points:

Solo tackles: .5 each
Assisted tackles: .25 each
INTs - 3 each
Forced Fumbles - 3 each
Recovered Fumbles - 3 each
Sacks - 2 each

In the yahoo scoring, Urlacher was scored a total of 7.5 pts.....So I don't think I got credit for his recovered fumble. I think with the FR, he should have had a total of 10.5 pts, which would give me the victory. Do any of you know for sure if Brian Urlacher did indeed get a fumble recovery, or do any of you know how yahoo works with scoring? (like do they wait to score stuff like that until all the games are done?).....ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!.....A WIN IS ON THE LINE!!!! THANKS!!!! ;-D
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:08 am

OK, take absolutely NO stock in this whatsoever, this is completely from just what I saw on TV. The only reason I remember it is that nfl.com gave Urlacher credit for it. I don't think he was the one who actually recovered the ball. It was a sack/ff of Culpepper, and Urlacher was one of two Bears who pounced on it, but the other guy looked like the one who actually came away with it. They only showed the replay like once though, so I couldn't really tell for sure. That's why I thought it was strange nfl.com put the fr on there. Yahoo didn't give you credit for the fr, just the tackles and the sack (I use yahoo too). Sorry as I am to say it, I think yahoo got it right.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby HoratioSandoval » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:22 am

Well, Yahoo's got to go with whatever the NFL official scorers say, which should be shown on NFL.com. The scorers could change their minds, like they did with the Travis Henry this week, or Yahoo's screwed up, like usual. Last week, they took a couple of days to show that Favre and Bubba Franks got a 2pt conversion, which gave me the win for the week. This week, Yahoo's not giving the Steelers credit for a defensive touchdown, which also would make the difference between winning and losing. Yahoo's giving me WAYYYY more stress than my actual players!!!
HoratioSandoval
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:38 am

yeah, good call.....I mean isn't NFL.COM kind of like the Bible of Football in this situation? Yahoo can't have the authority over the official NFL web site can it?? I mean in the records book, did Urlacher get credit for a fumble recovery? If so, I feel cheated. You think if I wrote Yahoo and fought this, that I could get credit for that FR? I mean, I usually wouldn't mind so much, but this is the difference between me starting out 1-1 or 0-2!! And I have Williams and Henry in a 10 team league for heaven's sake! :-) ANY OTHER TAKES ON THIS?!?!?!?!
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:01 am

no one else has any info or opinions?!!? :-o
DudeLaw
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:16 am

As commish I made it a staunch rule:

however it's scored on the league website is how its gonna be scored. Unless there is an official amendment (ie last weeks Henry lost fumble) from the NFL.

I don't care what other sites say. I can't watch all the games...and who knows if the other site is wrong?

I can't emphasize this enough..

keep it simple.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:07 am

Our league uses the Official NFL Gamebook as the final stat source. It is foolish to using anything else.

Your answer is in the Gamebook for the Viking-Bear game at nfl.com, but I'm not going to give it to you. Look for yourself and answer your own question.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby arrbez » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:33 am

i was watching the game too. urlacher was in on the sack and caused the fumble, but i dont think he covered it
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CrazyBearFan » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:24 pm

Just to let you know... Bryan Knight recovered the fumble not Urlacher.
CrazyBearFan

Friendliness: %

scoring...

Postby matmat » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:03 pm

if i understand things correctly, the stats for each game are reviewed by the nfl using gamefilm and such and then are made "official." Yahoo then adjusts their stats to the official ones overnight... I've actually had game outcomes change during that period... weird.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk