MNF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MNF

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:To Homeless....Don't bag on the west coast, it's not as great as it may seem. If you work until six like I do, and live 25 min from home, you miss half of almost every Monday night game. At you get to watch the game and have the option of staying up late to catch the end. I don't think my boss would like it if my reason for leaving work early is to catch the first half of monday night football.

great game though.

You should get Tivo or Replay TV. You can start watching it from the begining when you get home, fast forward through the commercials, fast forward through delays, and catch up to the real time broadcast. ;-D
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:That may be so, but he's still completely insane. During the first half I believe, he actually said that run blocking is easier than pass blocking. I'm frightened to even try and comprehend that this man was a coach at some point if he believes these things, but I really think he's just lost his mind at this point.

In my limited experience as an O-lineman in HS I found run blocking to be much easier and a heck-offa lot funner tham pass blocking. It is much easier to push someone around than to try to keep them from getting by you. I have heard numerous commentaters say the same. I've never heard of pass blocking as being easier.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:That may be so, but he's still completely insane. During the first half I believe, he actually said that run blocking is easier than pass blocking. I'm frightened to even try and comprehend that this man was a coach at some point if he believes these things, but I really think he's just lost his mind at this point.

In my limited experience as an O-lineman in HS I found run blocking to be much easier and a heck-offa lot funner tham pass blocking. It is much easier to push someone around than to try to keep them from getting by you. I have heard numerous commentaters say the same. I've never heard of pass blocking as being easier.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:15 pm

In my limited experience as an O-lineman in HS I found run blocking to be much easier and a heck-offa lot more fun than pass blocking. It is much easier to push someone around than to try to keep them from getting by you. I have heard numerous commentators say the same. I've never heard of pass blocking as being easier.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:19 pm

What's that Moochman? I didn't hear you....

LOL 8-o
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:25 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:What's that Moochman? I didn't hear you....

LOL 8-o

Did I stutter? I said I played on the O-line; it’s enough to ask me to type let alone operate one of these com-puters! :-b

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SinCity » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:25 pm

LOL mooch. ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Orange and Blue » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:15 am

Is it just me, or does Al Michaels pronounce "huge" as "Yuge" and insist on saying it at least 5 times every game?

Anyone else notice this? It's not a yuge deal, but it gets annoying when they're showing the replays of every yuge play and Michaels is just saying "yuge... that's yuge... what a yuge play".

My buddy and I actually have an over-under Al Michaels pool. We count the number of "yuge"s every week, and then the next week we'll predict if he has over or under that amount. End of the year, whoever got the most weeks right gets the cash.

For those who wish to start an Al Michaels pool of their very own, last week he had 6, so that's the number to beat this next week. You should all start playing at home, it could become a national trend. That would be yuge.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:25 am

LOL a few years back it was trendy to drop the H from words like huge, (Herb is another one) I cannot stand it when people do that.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Previous

Return to Football Talk