Does someone in your league have your number? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does someone in your league have your number?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does someone in your league have your number?

Postby knapplc » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:53 pm

I've been in this league for twelve years. I've played this one guy probably 20 times, and I bet I'm no better than 3-17 against him. Over the course of the last three years I've equalled this guy in wins and points scored, but still he beats me.

Now it's 2005. I have a great team. If I had played this guy nine times this year I would have been 9-0 at this point. I would have outscored him by 200 points. Our teams are not even in the same league.

I'm playing this guy right now. Until about ten minutes ago I had a 22 point lead on him. Suddenly Moss, Davis, Hasselbeck and Mike Anderson all score in the span of five minutes, and POOF! goes my lead. Now I'm desperate for points from Bulger, Steve Smith and Dunn or I'm going to lose to him AGAIN.

Is there someone in your league that just seems to beat you no matter what the situation?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:56 pm

Last year I played in a 4 team league just for fun, we called it the all star league. I played one guy 4 or 5 times and he beat me ever time including in the championship.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mystykoekaki » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:32 pm

Yeah there is the one guy in my league for the past 3 years that always seems to beat the crap outta me, I hate playing this guy. I played this guy when Shannon Sharpe had his 3 TD game, I played him last year when Julius ran for like 167 yards and I think 3 scores on Thanksgiving (I think it was Thanksgiving), and I played him this year when Eli had his 4 TD game. I can NEVER catch a break with this guy. I play this guy the last regular fantasy game before the playoffs and I need to beat him.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby daullaz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:27 am

There was one guy that owned me in the first year of both our football and baseball league. I was a combined 0-5 against him and something like 30-4 against everyone else. I lost both league championships to him and swore him as my mortal enemy. Until I beat him en route to a championship two years after that. Now it's extra sweet evey time I beat his team. The curse is broken!
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:09 am

Nah, nobody can beat me :-b
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:36 am

Yes. Even when this guys team was crappy he would always beat me. My record with him is something like 1-5. He has SA and LT this year with some terrible receivers. Sure enough, this week I played him (LT bye). Someone dropped chris chambers, and this guy has a man-love for him so he picked him up and he gets 2 TDs. Then he also has jax D, 23 pts right there. I scored the 2nd highest point total this week, only to be topped by this jerk. I am speechless.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:59 am

So my tale of woe gets better – I took the lead late in this game by six points. I’m done, all he has left is Antonio Bryant, who has only scored a TD in ONE game this year, and with 31 seconds left on the clock in garbage time Bryant gets a TD and I lose to this guy.

Not only is this garbage time - Pitt had this game completely in hand at halftime - but Dilfer had thrown three other passes to three other receivers prior to Bryant catching this TD. NONE of them were remotely catchable, with at least one of them ending up in the stands. Finally, with half a minute to go, no time outs, no chance in hell that Cleveland can win this game, fourth and goal from like the nine yard line, Dilf throws a strike to Bryant and I lose.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN OVER AND OVER?!!???!?!?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:02 am

Yeah, there's someone that has my number.

He beat me in the Championship 2 years ago. He beat me last year and he's beaten me this year too.

It seems like whenever I score 50 points, he'll score 60. If I score 90, he'll score 100. It's rough.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:09 am

I always end up losing to the crappy teams...you know, the ones that are under .500 and are struggling to stay afloat. It never fails...I do well against the top 6 teams, but end up dropping 1 or 2 to the lower 6 because their defense just happens to go off that one week. Gotta love FF!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:37 am

My buddy talks me into joining his FF league. I'd never played FF before and really had no interest. But I do it because his league had someone drop out the day before the draft and my friend really needed me to play. So I agree. (side note . . . I am now completely hooked on FF) ;-D

Draft day rolls around and I draft some brutal WRs. I mean, just awful. They combine to average about 8 pts a game every week. My buddy sees my 0-4 team, makes a trade with me and helps me make a few more deals. My team finishes 8-5, my only loss the rest of the way is to his team. I lose to my buddy's team in the play-offs as he goes on to win the championship.

Well, that was five years ago. I am a combined 0-11 against him! :-t This year my team is cruising along at 6-0 and he hands me my first loss. It never fails. Either my team completely lays an egg against him or his team has a career day. :-o
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk