I'm not gonna pay off due to TO crap..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm not gonna pay off due to TO crap.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm not gonna pay off due to TO crap.....

Postby merc » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:42 pm

We all understand and expect when a player gets hurt and cannot play.
We also understand the risk we take when we draft a wife beater, bar fighter, or drunken driver, and expect some off time during the year for them.

BUT, TO is none of that and only fights and voices his opinons for what he thinks is right and just.... kinda like the American way.

So.... why should any of us be punished if our TO Phila BS causes us to lose money??? First, we should all sue the Phila management and name McNabb for our losses.
Second, we should all freeze the leagues payouts until those lawsuits are answered.
Finally, future leagues need to make room for some owner's personal choices in activating and de-activating players based on how much they like or dislike those players.

IMO... there are lots of players who have sinned much more than TO and are still playing.... and that is prejudice... plain and simple.

To pay others based on that prejudice is to justify and approve of that prejudice.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:55 pm

Didn't you already make an ill-conceived pro-TO thread?

Don't do it again.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: I'm not gonna pay off due to TO crap.....

Postby foulballstrike3 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:56 pm

merc wrote:We all understand and expect when a player gets hurt and cannot play.
We also understand the risk we take when we draft a wife beater, bar fighter, or drunken driver, and expect some off time during the year for them.

BUT, TO is none of that and only fights and voices his opinons for what he thinks is right and just.... kinda like the American way.

So.... why should any of us be punished if our TO Phila BS causes us to lose money??? First, we should all sue the Phila management and name McNabb for our losses.
Second, we should all freeze the leagues payouts until those lawsuits are answered.
Finally, future leagues need to make room for some owner's personal choices in activating and de-activating players based on how much they like or dislike those players.

IMO... there are lots of players who have sinned much more than TO and are still playing.... and that is prejudice... plain and simple.

To pay others based on that prejudice is to justify and approve of that prejudice.

Haha, I think you have given this a little too much thought. I think this can be filed under, "Life just isn't fair". I'm pretty sure the Defendant (Eagles) are losing a little more than yourself in the matter.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:59 pm

lol - drafting TO is one of the biggest risks that you can take. Wasn't he holding out for more money this preseason when most drafts were taking place?

I drafted TO in two leagues and I knew the risk that I was taking. The risk of TO getting suspended this year was about the same as Priest getting injured, Michael Irvin saying something stupid and Mercer Boy getting something thrown at him on halloween.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby merc » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:06 pm

If the players words are to be considered in the same light as their actions... then there are many other players who have previously sworn to KILL opponents or refer to using supposed drugs.... why weren't they suspended or kicked off the league and arrested???

More and more this seems like prejudice against a the league's best WR in order to hold back the NFL's best WR of all time.....

BTW... who holds the WR records to date?
Is Don Hutson a white guy? Just wondering?
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cyclone » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:13 pm

One of the funnier threads I have seen in a while. He's probably really Drew Rosenhaus in disguise, trying to start some grass roots movement because the mainstream media doesnt take him, or T.O. seriously. :-b
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Cyclone » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:15 pm

merc wrote:If the players words are to be considered in the same light as their actions... then there are many other players who have previously sworn to KILL opponents or refer to using supposed drugs.... why weren't they suspended or kicked off the league and arrested???

More and more this seems like prejudice against a the league's best WR in order to hold back the NFL's best WR of all time.....

BTW... who holds the WR records to date?

Yes, its prejudice that the Eagles backed McNabb over T.O.. Wait a minute, they are both black....
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Re: I'm not gonna pay off due to TO crap.....

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:25 pm

merc wrote:We all understand and expect when a player gets hurt and cannot play.

If you are a commissioner, I implore everyone in your league to find a new one next year.

No matter what any NFL player does or has happen to him, it should not affect Fantasy Football rules or payouts.

Why don't you let Drew Rosenhaus and T.O.'s lawyers defend T.O.'s honor (honor - kind of an oxymoron, eh?).
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:30 pm

merc wrote:BTW... who holds the WR records to date?

Doesn't Jerry Rice hold every WR record worth having???

Definetly a direct family member of TO or Drew R. posting here...
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:31 pm

Agreed w/Mookie on this one. I would assume if someone didn't pay his/her share at the end of the season would surely not be welcomed back next year. Maybe you should not be playing in a money league if you aren't prepared to take your lumps.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Next

Return to Football Talk