I'm not gonna pay off due to TO crap..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm not gonna pay off due to TO crap.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby octagon999 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:25 pm

Don't feed the trolls...

And dayum, this forum needs an "Ignore" feature. (Even if its used on me) :)
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:27 pm

moonhead wrote:You know, I used to see a lot of posts from merc when I was hagning out in the start/sit forum and the trade/keeper forum. And he was a good poster, gave well thought out advice and I was impressed with him. But I do recall him mentioning his son has a fantasy team, and it sounded like his son was kind of young.
Perhaps young master merc has gotten onto his father's account and is wreaking havoc?

Just a thought. Because this seems totally out of character for the guy.

Detective moonhead you may DEFINITELY be on to something here. I don't ever remember merc being so....crazy.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:46 pm

VaderFin wrote:
moonhead wrote:You know, I used to see a lot of posts from merc when I was hagning out in the start/sit forum and the trade/keeper forum. And he was a good poster, gave well thought out advice and I was impressed with him. But I do recall him mentioning his son has a fantasy team, and it sounded like his son was kind of young.
Perhaps young master merc has gotten onto his father's account and is wreaking havoc?

Detective moonhead you may DEFINITELY be on to something here. I don't ever remember merc being so....crazy.

Im leaning toward this theory too. Its just way too out of character for him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:18 pm

im leaning towards this whol topic (in general) being crazy. yea, the Eagles took a chance with him, but then again to not give the guy a second chance and have him fill a need -- and the risk came within three points of working.

That said, it isn't the Eagles "fault" he acted crazy. The decision was unwise perhaps, but they didn't cause the problem.

It seems society today assigns "blame" where fault doesn't lie. It is unwise to leave your car unlocked, but if it get stolen, it doesn't make you the theif. It doesn't mean your decision is GOOD, but it doesn't mean you were to blame either.

At the end of the day, if Owens had addressed this in the proper forum in the off-season (behind closed doors), they would have tried to address it in good faith I believe. His contract was written as such that these first two years were essentially probationary. But being the selfish cynic he is, viewed it as an Eagles out clause.

Furthermore, if AFTER all this, he had kept his mouth shut and played this year, the eagles would have made him a free agent, and let his name be relatively clear -- to his benefit/big payday.

Then, he was given another chance to apologize, which he flunked.

I really don't get all the discussion on it. They guy is getting fired WITH pay. If we should all be so lucky, especially since he got fired "for cause."

In regards to this topic, that is the ultimate in defaulting on a bet. The point of this game relies somewhat on the fact that we aren't privy to all the information -- hence the "luck" element. We don't know gameplans, injury reports, rb by comittee situations -- etc. This falls right under that. You have to asses your own risk, as this had a potential to happen from day one, and you knew it.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:20 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Im leaning toward this theory too. Its just way too out of character for him.

I was gonna say, you don't usually find inanity coming out of people who have 3000 posts... usually, they're too A.D.D. to post more than about 20 or 30 times before they burn out.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby TaTeRz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:31 pm

saundman2000 wrote:
merc wrote:And Soundiman2000,

Did TO wet himself while crackintg that goaline
and/or
did he simply talk himself nothing... but perform himself to a TD nonetheless.... :-)

What ?!

That's unintelligable!

If your point is that T.O. was a good player and that he does not have a bladder control problem, then I'm going to be forced to agree with you.

Now......THAT is FUNNY ! ! !
TaTeRz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:28 pm

Can't we just all pretend Merc dosn't exist? (post count +1)
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby N-Man » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:38 pm

Cyclone wrote:
merc wrote:If the players words are to be considered in the same light as their actions... then there are many other players who have previously sworn to KILL opponents or refer to using supposed drugs.... why weren't they suspended or kicked off the league and arrested???

More and more this seems like prejudice against a the league's best WR in order to hold back the NFL's best WR of all time.....

BTW... who holds the WR records to date?
Is Don Hutson a white guy? Just wondering?

Yes, its prejudice that the Eagles backed McNabb over T.O.. Wait a minute, they are both black....

Merc was joking. haha.

seriously, he was joking, as was the dude who started this thread. They were only kidding. . .
life is like a box of chocolates. . .
N-Man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

Postby josebach » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:43 pm

N-Man wrote:
Cyclone wrote:
merc wrote:If the players words are to be considered in the same light as their actions... then there are many other players who have previously sworn to KILL opponents or refer to using supposed drugs.... why weren't they suspended or kicked off the league and arrested???

More and more this seems like prejudice against a the league's best WR in order to hold back the NFL's best WR of all time.....

BTW... who holds the WR records to date?
Is Don Hutson a white guy? Just wondering?

Yes, its prejudice that the Eagles backed McNabb over T.O.. Wait a minute, they are both black....

Merc was joking. haha.

seriously, he was joking, as was the dude who started this thread. They were only kidding. . .

They? So are you saying that Merc is schizophrenic? If so, that would explain a lot.

If "they" are joking in this thread, are "they" joking in the eight other threads "they" started regarding T.O.?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby N-Man » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:02 pm

dude, i was joking when i said they were joking.
yall just dont get fine sarcasm
perhaps i should have used a :-o or :~( or O:-) . . .

n-man OUT
life is like a box of chocolates. . .
N-Man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk