People who refuse to trade with teams w/ better records? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

People who refuse to trade with teams w/ better records?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ball of goof » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:19 pm

footballchick23:
Isn't it funny to think about how much time the other teams must spend "plotting" against you when they should just focus on their own teams? Pure comedy!

ha! exactly. how else do you defeat the better team other than to actively improve your own? if that means trading with the better team, so be it. you have to risk being that guy, the fool on the short end: no risk, no reward. of course, it helps when you realize that you've always been a fool anyway...
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby swyck » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:33 am

skibrett15 wrote:Sometimes this makes it impossible for you to win... and that frustrates me. If i don't consider myself to have the best team... and no one will trade with me, then I get stuck with a mediocre team i can't improve.

Not quite. You can improve your team a lot from the FA list if you're paying attention, and you make the right moves.
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:08 am

knapplc wrote:NOBODY in my league will trade. Our trade deadline passed last Friday and there were zero trades in our league. Mostly I think this happens because people don't educate themselves to the true value of the players involved.

One guy made a serious offer of his Antonio Gates for my LT2. He seemed miffed when I declined.

Same thing in my league. No one will trade.

Our deadline passed and we had 2 trades all season. One was me trading Griese pre-injury after 300 yard game for Trent Green...both suck.

The second was Stephen Davis and Eric Moulds for Chad Johnson. Our league is very TD heavy, so it was a pretty fair trade.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk