Your (Bad or good) LUCKIEST moments of the year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Your (Bad or good) LUCKIEST moments of the year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Your (Bad or good) LUCKIEST moments of the year

Postby ForteTuba » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:35 pm

I've led a pretty charmed life in my first FF season.

In one league, I had to auto-draft because I was on vacation. I had nothing at RB but Holt and Harrison. Someone offered me a flurry of weird trades, then mixed in Sjax and Barber for Harrison and Droughns (my _best_ RB!) Very lucky. The guy who made the trade still has a ridiculous lineup and is 79-19-1 in breakdown standings, but this has made me a reasonable team.

Had a horrible first week, but the opponent had made a trade that left him with an illegal lineup. Super-lucky.

In the other league:

Picked up Mike Sellers as a bye week TE last week... TD... win. Luck.

Picked up A Peterson on a lark Sunday morning. Didn't start him (that would be just crazy lucky) but figured he might be a decent backup for T Jones. That's going to work out okay.

Drafted T Jones and Mike Anderson in the late rounds. I figured I'd get a couple of weeks out of each as starters before the kids moved in. Lucky.

Drafted C Palmer in the 5th. Kind of lucky, although I thought he'd be pretty good.

Someone dropped Holt when he was injured, and (bad league -- no waiver process) I happened to get the mail 12 minutes later and snagged him. Just dumb luck.

Of course, there's bad luck too, like losing Culpepper, BenRo, and McCown in the same week in the first league. But overall, it's been a pretty good ride. Who else has had super luck this year?
ForteTuba Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kevin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:20 pm

Best moment:
Last week when week when I stared at a 1/2 point loss for 5 days and on the 6th day, ESPN made some sort of score adjustment and took a point away from him (a tackle from one of his LB) and I won by a 1/2 point!

Worst moment:
Its hind-sight, but taking J Lewis in the first round. He's killing me. Portis in the second round I knew what I was getting into with him, but Lewis I had higher hopes for.
QB: T. Green, Grossman, Garrard
RB: L. Johnson, Westbrook, Foster, T Henry, Jones-Drew, Buckhalter
WR: Fitzgerald, Chambers, A. Johnson, T. Glenn
TE: Cooley, Witten
K: Elam
DP: R. Lewis, Polamalu, Trotter, Brooking
Kevin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:38 am

I have to post my 'unluckiest' moment....I lose by .6 points b/c Larry Johnson ends up with -1.4 points due to a fumble.....but i didn't drop him ;-D
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 233)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:44 am

Lost by 0.6 on a Ferguson 2 point conversion. Lost the next week by 0.5 in that league.

In my other two leagues, I've been the higest scoring losing team 3 times. Twice in one of those leagues, I would have beaten every other team except the one I was playing...and both times it was the same freaking team that beat me. :-t

Worst year ever...my perfect playoff streak is in real jeopardy this year. :~(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dmville » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:24 am

Luckiest--Had the INDY D last week against NE on MNF. The NE fumble on the last play of the game, an absolutely meaningless play that should not have even been run, gave me the win that week by a point.

Had the same type of thing go against me last year on MNF, so I guess it evened out finally.
Dmville
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cooner » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:33 am

similar story to Mercer Boy's- I'm in second place in a league where I've lost to the first place team twice. The first game I played him, I put up the (at the time) most points by any team on any week so far that year. Unfortunately, he did the same, and won by 2. The second game, I beat that old record (that he still held from our previous game) by 10. 10! He beat it by 13.

Fortunately I've got over 200 points on him overall, so I'm feeling pretty good if we meet later in the playoffs... the law of averages has got to catch up eventually, right?

As for more luck, the play of my running backs so far has been a combination of luck and good drafting. We play three backs in an 8 team league. I took SA in the 1st, Portis in the 3rd, Westbrook in the 5th, Warrick Dunn in the 10th, and Willie Parker in the last round. I planned on starting Parker in the first game of the season, then trading him. I ended up starting him in the first three, then traded him with Michael Clayton for Hines Ward and Larry Johnson. Three weeks ago, with SA and Dunn on the bench for their bye weeks, I grabbed Marion Barber off the WW for a spot start- 127 yards and 2 TDs. With Dunn playing so well, and then LJ getting the starting job, I recently turned Westbrook to the last place team for Plexico Burress (slight overpay maybe, but it was the last place team, so who cares). Literally every running back I have touched has turned to gold (with the slight exception of Portis)- no health issues, plenty of depth, and points out the wazoo ;-D
Last edited by Cooner on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:38 am

TO getting suspended really solidified my team. i mean, they play as a unit more now. they rallied around each other. i have a much better team now without TO. what a relief to be rid of that distraction. ;-7 :-/ :-? :-t :~(
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:40 am

I have the most points scored against my team by over 60 points to the next team and I am still in a playoff spot with a 5-5 record ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby catch22 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:24 am

Worst moment....a division game early in the season in which I lost by 2 points. Later to find out that our scoring penalizes def for scores given up on int or fumble returns for TD's. Balt gave up 20 points but was credited for giving up 27.....5 point swing and I loose the game. We changed the scoring 3 weeks ago, but didnt retro it....one game out of the playoffs right now.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby primetimeplayer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:35 am

GOOD MOMENT THIS WEEK!!!

Ryan Longwell booting 4 llong field goals to get me my win with LT2 out and Steve Smith struggling!! He was the third highest scorer on my team!!...got me to 8-2!!!
primetimeplayer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk