Julius Jones Situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones Situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Julius Jones Situation

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:41 pm

I'm getting very concerned.....Looks like he will no longer see the bulk of the carries for the Cowboys....How do other JJ owners feel and should we start looking at trades....Currently I'm trying to move Steve Smith for Steven Jackson and Ashlie Lelie to help fill the void, because I can't trust JJ to put up big numbers anymore, and i can afford to part with Smith because I have D Jax, Fitz, Chambers, Roy Williams, and Bennet ready to step into my lineup...

ANyone else in a similar situation.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:44 pm

Barber carried the first two series, with six or seven carries, but has been ineffective all the way through. Only has nine carries total. JJ hasn't done well at all, either. However, Barber has only been in the game during passing downs (3rd and reasonably long and two minute drill), while JJ's been in there the rest of the way. While it sucks to see Barber in there at all since JJ can catch passes (I'm in a ppr, too), it's good to see that it looks like Jones is clearly the feature back.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Kilroy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:26 am

warrick95 wrote:Barber carried the first two series, with six or seven carries, but has been ineffective all the way through. Only has nine carries total. JJ hasn't done well at all, either. However, Barber has only been in the game during passing downs (3rd and reasonably long and two minute drill), while JJ's been in there the rest of the way. While it sucks to see Barber in there at all since JJ can catch passes (I'm in a ppr, too), it's good to see that it looks like Jones is clearly the feature back.

I dunno, Barber ended up with 13 carries vs. Jones' 8. However, Barber put the ball on the ground when the 'Boys were runnin' out the clock, and that's a BIG No-No with the Tuna.

I'm not gonna trade JJ, just because my RB situation is already screwed up enough and I don't think I could get any real value for him. I'm definatelty concerned tho'. :-o

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:32 am

Yea the whole night much wasnt decided, any RB could score in the 3rd play after 1st and goal, but at the end Parcell had Barber in, and you figure maybe because pass rush block but i dunno, you figure you want your best back in.

Also that almost fumble could hurt Barber, Parcell wont stand for it.

Either way I think maybe Barber had some of the edge, even though neither showed much.

I am a JJ owner and will say I AM worried.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Kilroy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:35 am

Alkaholik wrote:Yea the whole night much wasnt decided, any RB could score in the 3rd play after 1st and goal, but at the end Parcell had Barber in, and you figure maybe because pass rush block but i dunno, you figure you want your best back in.

Also that almost fumble could hurt Barber, Parcell wont stand for it.

Either way I think maybe Barber had some of the edge, even though neither showed much.

I am a JJ owner and will say I AM worried.

I feel ya. And they play Detroit this week! Tasty Pointy Goodness! C'mon Tuna....YER KILLIN' ME HERE! :~(

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby ktown » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:28 am

Parcells was easing JJ back - he is by far the more explosive back. He'll be starting next week. It had been 5 weeks since he saw game action and they were getting some production out of Barber. That fumble probably cost Barber any carries next week though. Turnovers are one thing the Tuna does not tolerate. I'd wait to hear what he says this week, but if 'holding onto the ball' is mentioned even once, you can be sure JJ gets all the carries against Det.
ktown
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

JJ

Postby jsunde » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:46 am

I dont think that its that big of a deal, they just didnt want to rush him in there too quickly. As long as he stays healthy from here on out I think he will finish the year strong.
jsunde
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ateam » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:01 pm

Thank Gawd that I traded for MBarber last week, but Tuna needs to get his head out of his arse and bury that rookie on the bench.

They had zero continuity on offense last night, and JJ was screwed over by the situations. He ran all 1st down plays very predictably into the middle of a green wall, while Barber benefitted with a timely draw play with a mack truck sized hole and the lone goal line set.

I was thrilled to see the rook cough it up late in the game, too bad he was able to fall on it.

Either way, I'll sit them both this week, and play Ronnie Brown until it sorts its way out.

Though come playoff time LJ/JJ combo better be working for me!
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:33 pm

This isnt as cut and dried as you guys are making it out to be. The report from Stats.inc said they will continue to split carries all yr. We are still waiting to hear from Parcells today about the RB situation as it really wasnt addressed in the post game press conference yesterday.

As was talked about prior to the season starting, it seems as though JJ does need a minimum of 25 touches a game to put up the kind of production he was getting toward the end of the yr last yr. So far that hasent happened and he has yet to break 100 rush yds and his YPC is down to 3.5 at this point. If they continue to keep JJ under 25 carries a game, I dont see a reason to think he will be a major fantasy contributer.

Also - make sure you pay attention to JJs playoff schedule:
Week 15 - @ WAS - avg 86.25 rush yds / game at home
Week 16 - @ CAR - avg 83.4 rush yds / game at home

I guess this is more of a warnign than anything else. I just wouldnt place too much faith in JJ with the RBBC and the tough playoff schedule.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wizzle » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:36 pm

Can JJ really even handle to carry the full load? Seems like he is destined to be in a RBBC for the rest of his career if he can't go through even a half a season and stay healthy...
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk