2006 NFL Mock Draft! Pick Descriptions! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2006 NFL Mock Draft! Pick Descriptions!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 pm

10) Miami Dolphins - LB A.J. Hawk

To have this great of a prospect fall this much would be a blessing for the Miami Dolphins. A.J. gives the Dolphins an amazing playmaker that will stop offenses at the second line of defense on any given play. Hawk is as good as they come at linebacker out of college and Saban would be happy to have someone of this caliber slip to him.

Ummm..... So the Fins are sporting Gus Frerotte and AJ Feeley at QB, their pick rolls around, Vince Young is still on the board, and you think they pass on him?

I have to disagree....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:09 pm

VaderFin wrote:Eric Winston is now fully recovered from his knee injury and is playing great. He will be a 1st round pick.

I totally agree...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:27 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
10) Miami Dolphins - LB A.J. Hawk

To have this great of a prospect fall this much would be a blessing for the Miami Dolphins. A.J. gives the Dolphins an amazing playmaker that will stop offenses at the second line of defense on any given play. Hawk is as good as they come at linebacker out of college and Saban would be happy to have someone of this caliber slip to him.

Ummm..... So the Fins are sporting Gus Frerotte and AJ Feeley at QB, their pick rolls around, Vince Young is still on the board, and you think they pass on him?

I have to disagree....

Please God don't let us take Vince Young! :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:00 pm

You can dislike the picks but being mean about it is classless.

When someone makes such pompous statements as Bennett4prez, it opens the door even wider for criticsm.

but it is still November

Which is exactly why I won't post anything right now. I've got rough ideas and nothing more.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sharptongued1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:22 pm

But, if it'd make you feel better about yourselves to trash something that I threw together in 20 minutes, I'm sure I could come up with something... ;-)
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:37 pm

I don't think GB will pass on Reggie Bush assuming they don't resign Ahman or Najeh and if they did I think AJ Hawk would be a better fit at LB or if they are going DE Mario Williams.

I think Nance, Hagan, Jason Allen and Jonathon Scott are going a bit too high and DeAngelo Williams and Ahmad Brooks are going a bit too low.

I also think that Hester will go back to school as he is not a 1st round pick yet.

Good first draft though. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:56 pm

Nice mock B2P. There a few things that I don't see happening. I don't see how GB will pass on R. Bush and I think Romeo Crennel would love to get AJ Hawk to anchor their new 3-4 defense ;-D

Keep up the good stuff ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:08 pm

B4P, I posted my mock in the leftovers forum if you're interested in giving it a look:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 60#1325060

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:16 pm

Few updates to take notes. Nothing final. A new mock will be put out after week 11, 13, 15, and 17. Looking for a potential co-writer to kink out a few tweaks and eventually write a mock/article come season's end. And Plinds, I'll check out that mock for sure later tonight.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:06 am

Vince Young said he is returning to Texas next year.
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to College Football