Sneaky playoff strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sneaky playoff strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby daullaz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:18 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I'm not buying the undefeated talk. First, I don't think it will happen. Second, Manning isn't the coach, Dungy is. Third, I think winning a Superbowl outranks an undefeated season, so they will rest players if they need rest.

I agree with all those points. I think the Colts goal is a SB win, not an undefeated season.

I don't think Seattle will be sitting Alexander for the playoffs, as they will be fighting with the NFC South winner for nome-field advantage. And if you're the Seahawks (or anyone for that matter), you would MUCH rather have your potential NFC Championship foe come to you.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:32 pm

I agree with Dallaz. The Seahawks still need to worry about home field. So even if the division is wrapped up, they still have to consider the home field adv.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sneaky playoff strategy

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:11 pm

Arlo wrote:
ateam wrote:As an added bonus, my opponent is now fuming! :-D

Now's the time to send him a trade offer. ;-)

hmm to Arlo you listen to, wise is he!!!
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:22 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I agree with Dallaz. The Seahawks still need to worry about home field. So even if the division is wrapped up, they still have to consider the home field adv.

Yes. Indy player owners should be more concerned. Plus you have the fact that Alexander is going to be going for some rushing records, TDs and perhaps 2,000yards rushing. He won't be sitting week 16.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ateam » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:38 pm

Azrael wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I agree with Dallaz. The Seahawks still need to worry about home field. So even if the division is wrapped up, they still have to consider the home field adv.

Yes. Indy player owners should be more concerned. Plus you have the fact that Alexander is going to be going for some rushing records, TDs and perhaps 2,000yards rushing. He won't be sitting week 16.

I agree. SA sitting is a longshot for sure. As an SA owner, I got him for 2 reasons. First, the obvious handcuff, and secondly after I got Rhodes, I know he would've picked up Morris and then this could've totally blown up in my face if SA were to...(gasp)..you know... :-o
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CeeLoGreen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:53 pm

I picked up Rhodes for the very same reason two days ago. I have the bench room, and my RBs are McGahee, Barber, Gado, G. Jones and Rhodes. I just sent R. Droughns and D. Branch for Randy Moss and used the extra roster spot on Rhodes. I love this strategy. Its not sneaky, it's smart. Preparation for the future is the reason teams have back up running backs. Covering all angles is a great way to take a small gamble and perhaps have it pay off big time. Well done. Hope it works out for us.

Ceelogreen

12 team league (Tied for 2nd, 6-4)
First place beat me last week and I posted the second highest score of the week!!! @$$

QBs - K. Collins, J. Plummer
RBs - McGahee, Barber, G. Jones, S. Gado, D. Rhodes
WRs - R. Moss, T. Holt, L. Evans, M. Jones
TE - Cooley
K - J. Brown
Def - Pittsburgh
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Popcynical » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:57 pm

Smart idea! I've got Edge and just picked up Rhodes.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:34 pm

Again, you guys are nuts to believe they will bench their guys if they are still undefeated. Indy fans would be PISSED if they tried that crap plus Freeny already stated this year that their goal was to go undefeated. If they lose one game they will be benching assuming they have the home field advantage.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kilroy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:56 pm

Indy might rest their studs assuming they have a loss (which I believe they will.) If they're undefeated, I think they'd go for it (16-0 Regular Season's never been done)

I don't think Seattle will have the option. They're gonna be fighting for home field.

Interesting Strategy. Doubt it will really pay off though. Still, ya never know...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby onnestabe » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:16 am

mystykoekaki wrote:Again, you guys are nuts to believe they will bench their guys if they are still undefeated. Indy fans would be PISSED if they tried that crap plus Freeny already stated this year that their goal was to go undefeated. If they lose one game they will be benching assuming they have the home field advantage.

I agree that they would start their best guys if they still had a chance to be undefeated, but odds are very much against that possibility, and Indy has shown in the past that once they have clinched everything they can clench, they will bench their best guys. It is a safe bet that Indy will not go undefeated, and that means their is a reasonable chance that Rhodes will be starting towards the end of the season. This is a good play IMO.

Also, don't discount Morris, here. Seattle plays in a weak division, and those NFC South teams will be beating up on each other down the stretch, while Seattle doesn't play anyone else this year, so it is entirely possible that Morris will contribute as well.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk