Westbrook's value if McNabb is out: Up, down, or the same? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook's value if McNabb is out: Up, down, or the same?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Westbrook's value if McNabb is out: Up, down, or the same?

Postby bd0493 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:49 pm

What do you guys think? I just acquired Westbrook and I am not sure if I should trade him or not now.

For the purposes of this question, let's pretend McNabb is out for the season. How will Westbrook do? Another disturbing factor is the emergence of Lamar Gordon last night.

Also, a similar question. Cadillac Williams. Now that Mike Alstott has emerged as likely the "Bus" of the Bucs, what value does Cadillac have? Is he even worth a start against a terrible run D like Atlanta's? Do you think he will get any Red Zone carries even if they are outside the 5?
bd0493
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:11 pm

I can only see Westbrooks value declining if McNabb is out. Opposing defenses will game plan strickly for Westbrook b/c he will serve as the only offensive threat that Philly brings to the table. So in turn, defensive scheme's to shut Westy down will only hurt his value, IMO
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:53 pm

I disagree. In the past I think phily has done well with backup QBs. I could be mistaken on that as I'm just going on memory. Defenses are already keying on westbrook now that TO is gone and look what he did against Dallas. I think he stays about the same, and gordon will get more carries as they will run more.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:43 pm

If McNabb is out for the year, then Westbrook falls into the category of Mewelde Moore.

No Mcnabb: Westie = Mewelde
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tpetty6320 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:53 pm

i think westy will continue to do what he did against dallas. people game plan for him all the time but few teams have managed to control him.........
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:03 pm

McNabb converts the 3rd downs and runs the offense though.

Westie gets a lot of his yards from the passing game. He needs a QB that can work the zones to get him the ball.

Without McNabb, he's gonna take a hit.
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby daullaz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:20 pm

Down. Definitely down. The receivers haven't proved they can play consistently well, so with a green QB in, who do you think defenses will focus on stopping?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Keeper1125 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:39 pm

Down. And this is coming from a WB owner. There's a guy finding him in the passing game 6-8 times a game. Who knows if a backup will go through the same sort of natural progressions.
Keeper1125
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Down. Lewis and Brown couldn't get a clue how to get open when McNabb was playing, plus Brown can't catch a cold. Teams will just key on Westbrook and Smith and probably spy McMahon because he runs alot.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:36 pm

however, he will probably be punt retunring to get touches as well. and the guy is electric as that. brown can catch more than a cold, as can LJ. Dallas isn't exactly shabby on defense. I might say "neutral" or "slightly down"
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk