Westbrook's value if McNabb is out: Up, down, or the same? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook's value if McNabb is out: Up, down, or the same?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:21 pm

Punt returns maybe, but his touches are going to be limited because that offense will have a hard time moving the chains.

McNabb was very seasoned in that offense, and he was able to work the middle of the field very efficiently.

I've always liked McMahon, but he cannot make the plays that McNabb made. Without TO and McNabb, Westie becomes the center of attention. He will see 8-man fronts and he will never get a clean release in the passing game again until there is a QB that can stretch the field like McNabb.

Trade him now to an owner who thinks that McMahon can sustain Westie's production, because after this Sunday, West will be in Mewelde Moore territory...
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:25 pm

Immediately upgrade all Philly WRs and RBs...including TO.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:54 pm

I'm going to respectuflly disagree and say: Goodbye Westbrook.

Goodbye.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby benjapage » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:41 pm

well, sure, i'd love to trade westy...why is everyone talking about trades? haven't most trade deadlines already passed? wtf? in both of my leagues, last week was the final week to complete a trade.

dang. :-/

i hope westy kills it just to muddy up the pristine smirk upon the face of the nay-sayer.

(*mumble-mumble*(trade westy...)*fraggle*mumble...*)

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:23 pm

Westbrook values stays the same IMO.

Decent chance for 100 combined yards any given week, decent chance at a touchdown. Ho-hum RB#2. He's still better than Rudi Johnson.
---

If you thought he was worth a lot at the beginning of the season and you still haven't changed your opinion, then yes his value takes a hit. Personally I wouldn't want the guy on my team.. You just can't trust a RB that doesn't get 15 carries a game as a weekly starter, just ask Tatum Bell owners.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:51 pm

I would have to say down, but not drastically. I would expect the Eagles to run more without McNabb, but it seems like they dont want to run Westbrook more than 15 times a game. Say what you want, McNabb is a smart passer. I watched a lot of Philly games where he would see the coverage on his first and second options, then dump it of to Westy. I see McMahon tossing it up to these guys a lot more than McNabb would have.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk