2006 Mock Draft - UPDATED 11-16 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2006 Mock Draft - UPDATED 11-16

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sharptongued1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:06 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:I like the love for my boy Mario Williams at 3rd overall. But if that is where the Titan end up I see them taking Lienart instead. With all the talent he has, and maturity he'll fit right in. Even if McNair doesn't retire after this year he is bound to after the next, so I see them (if they are at #3) taking Lienart.

I dont know about that - they already have probably one of the most coveted backup QBs in the NFL in Volek. I would be shocked if they drafted Leinart.

Yes, but Volek is also 30 years old. There's so much more that goes into this than age, though (ability, marketability, etc.). Let's also not forget that Norm Chow is the OC in Tennessee. If Leinart is on the board when the Titans draft this April, well, 15 minutes later he won't be.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:10 pm

i think my favorite part of the draft was the claim that leinart was the "best QB prospect since p. manning" becuase manning wasn't even the best "prospect" the year he was drafted. at least, that's what the chargers thought. ;-)
George_Foreman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2006 Mock Draft

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:36 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:BTW, Scott Wright is an NFL draft God, his opinion is worth 10x the amount Kiper's is.

Agreed ;-D Although I don't hate Kiper as much as most. His inseason rankings are horrible but besides that his rankings aren't too bad. He's a big reason why the draft is as popular as it is. If you guys are really interested in discussing the draft they also have a forum over at nfldraftcountdown.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:54 pm

sharptongued1 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:I like the love for my boy Mario Williams at 3rd overall. But if that is where the Titan end up I see them taking Lienart instead. With all the talent he has, and maturity he'll fit right in. Even if McNair doesn't retire after this year he is bound to after the next, so I see them (if they are at #3) taking Lienart.

I dont know about that - they already have probably one of the most coveted backup QBs in the NFL in Volek. I would be shocked if they drafted Leinart.

Yes, but Volek is also 30 years old. There's so much more that goes into this than age, though (ability, marketability, etc.). Let's also not forget that Norm Chow is the OC in Tennessee. If Leinart is on the board when the Titans draft this April, well, 15 minutes later he won't be.

I didn't even think about that. Great point ;-D

Chow will most likely sell Lienart to the entire staff of the Titans. I think they'll buy it too...

Can you Imagine the possibilies with those 2 reunited... If I was a Titans fan I'd be drooling.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:02 pm

My only comment is who in the blue hell names their kid D'Brickashaw?

That's just stupid and cruel.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:51 pm

Deuce
Plaxico
Hines
Duce
and these aren't even cultural names to my knowledge (Hines is half korean? I think.... so maybe that one is)
who knows if D'brickshaw has some cultural meaning/popularity.

The point is Football names are often funny. Have you ever met/heard of anyone named deuce outside of football?
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby sharptongued1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:03 pm

skibrett15 wrote:The point is Football names are often funny. Have you ever met/heard of anyone named deuce outside of football?

Bigalow?
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: 2006 Mock Draft

Postby warrick95 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:36 pm

The Lung wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:If PIT happens to land Jean-Gilles I would be suprised as it will probably be one of the bigger steals in the draft.

2004 - QB Ben Roethlisberger
2005 - TE Heath Miller

Pittsburgh got THE steal of the draft two years in a row, why wouldn't we score the hat trick?

Deuce's real name is Dulymus Jenod McAllister. Can't really blame him for going with Deuce, for whatever reason.

No way in hell PIT got the SOTD in 2004 and 2005. First of all, I'm going to say that it is pretty hard to get a SOTD in the first round, because there's always some kid who becomes a star in the later rounds of the draft. In 2004, I believe the SOTD is Demorrio Williams at 4.5 (101 overall). He's turning into an impact player at LB...with a very low pick, as well. Darnell Dockett at 3.1 is playing good ball (dropped due to attitude questions) and when it's all said and done, Tatum Bell, Greg Jones, and Julius Jones may have had some damn good careers at RB out of the 2nd round. Love to Karlos Dansby, Madieu Williams, and Michael Boulware, too. The latter was a freaking LB in college and has made the transition to SS very well.

Miller may be doing very well in TDs right now. But come on, that just means they're looking for him in the red zone. That's what GB did with Bubba Franks a few years ago. I do agree taht he has very good hands and is a solid ballplayer, but he's never going to reach the level of Gates, Gonzalez, and Shockey. He will, however, be around that of Heap. He doesn't have the athleticism of the first group to ever be that good. But don't get me wrong, he's going to be a solid player...I live in Charlottesville and have seen him play. I think it's literally impossible to call an SOTD for 2005 this early, but as of now, I am feeling Odell Thurman, Lofa Tatupu. Watch out for fellow Cav Elton Brown (slipped from the first due to attitude/injury questions...absolute mauler at OG), Nick Collins at FS/CB, Vincent Jackson, Larry Brackins (two very raw projects), and Adrian McPherson. AD has the best tools in this QB set. However, he also has the worst toolbox. If he can ever get his head screwed on straight, watch out.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:38 pm

I am not all that sure how the Packers would end up with the #1 pick, I would be shocked if they finished worse then the 49ers and the Texans. I really wouldn't mind seeing the Packers take Bush, but he probably won't be there when we pick. Unless we hit another long streak of loses, but I have a feeling we'll win at least two more games, most likely more.

I don't really think Joe Thomas will enter the draft this year, living in Madison if there was a good chance I think I would've heard a lot more about it, the only Badger that I had heard about leaving early so far would be Brain Calhoun, but even that I don't think will happen. Thomas would possibly be the best OT in next years draft. Going back for his senior campaign would also give him an extra season to improve his pass blocking skills, Thomas was originally a tight end so he is still new to the position. I'm guessing that both Winston and Ferguson are seniors, correct me if I am wrong though. Got to love the big farm boys that Wisconsin gets on the O-Line. ;-D
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:33 am

Well - after just 4 days, Scott Wright completely revamped his previous Mock. Seems he agrees that GB will not get a shot at Bush now - which of course changes everything...

1. HOU - D'Brickashaw Ferguson - T
2. TEN - Matt Leinart - QB
3. NYJ - Reggie Bush - RB
4. ARI - Vince Young - QB
5. SF - Jimmy Williams - CB
6. BAL - Mario Williams - DE
7. NO - AJ Hawk - OLB
8. GB - Laurence Maroney - RB
9. MIA - Eric Winston - T
10. CLE - Ahmad Brooks - MLB
11. OAK - Chad Greenway - OLB
12. STL - Marcedes Lewis - TE