2006 Mock Draft - UPDATED 11-16 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2006 Mock Draft - UPDATED 11-16

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby daullaz » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:07 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:With the QBs going so early, it sure does leave BAL hanging, doesnt it - but then again, its a pretty likely scenario that both of the top QB could be gone by the time BAL picks. That being said - with a relatively early pick, will BAL jump for Omar Jacobs this early, or hope he falls to them in the 2nd rd? :-?

If I were Baltimore, I would take Jacobs with the 1st rounder. If he declares, I don't see anyway he falls past teams like Dallas, Miami, Chicago, or even KC into the second round.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:19 pm

The Lung wrote:Before the draft, an injury scared off everyone from Miller. He is almost universally recognized for having incredibly great hands, and he blocks as well as any tight end in the league. He will likely finish in the top 3 in the NFL in touchdowns this year for a TE. Until Rodgers actually does anything, I will respectfully disagree.

Mike Sellers of the Washington Redskin's has one less touchdown than Heath Miller and he's not even the best TE on his own team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:30 pm

I like the updated Chiefs pick ;-D I would love it if we could land Rodrique Wright
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Re: 2006 Mock Draft

Postby maddog60 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:02 pm

The Lung wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:If PIT happens to land Jean-Gilles I would be suprised as it will probably be one of the bigger steals in the draft.

2004 - QB Ben Roethlisberger
2005 - TE Heath Miller

Pittsburgh got THE steal of the draft two years in a row, why wouldn't we score the hat trick?

Odell Thurman was Cincy's 2nd round pick. If anyone was the steal of this year's draft, he's it. Miller doesn't even compare.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: 2006 Mock Draft

Postby CC » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:31 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:BTW, Scott Wright is an NFL draft God, his opinion is worth 10x the amount Kiper's is.

Agreed ;-D Although I don't hate Kiper as much as most. His inseason rankings are horrible but besides that his rankings aren't too bad. He's a big reason why the draft is as popular as it is. If you guys are really interested in discussing the draft they also have a forum over at nfldraftcountdown.

I don't post a ton over there, but when I do I do it as CC (sporting a pimp Dwayne Jarrett sig compliments of GP).
Shoot me a PM or something if you are over there.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:59 pm

I love the new updated draft. Looks like a very probable outcome. But my favorite part is... Mario Williams to the Baltimore Ravens!!!!!!!! I have always wanted the Ravens to take a playerfrom NC State. If that happened it'd be a dream come true. Also he'd really boost our d-line. But that, however being a need, is not our biggest one. But if we got a QB in the offseason, like Rivers (heck yes!), or Shaub he would be a great fit.

I really like the Titans taking Lienart at #2 He would be a great QB there. Him and Chow reunited 8-o , now there's an offense!
If McNair retires no doubt to they draft him, or Young.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby charliebrown327 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:09 am

George_Foreman wrote:i think my favorite part of the draft was the claim that leinart was the "best QB prospect since p. manning" becuase manning wasn't even the best "prospect" the year he was drafted. at least, that's what the chargers thought. ;-)

Manning went #1 overall, so he wasn't out there with Leaf when SD picked. Was it known that the Chargers had Leaf in front of Manning on their draft board? I remember there being a lot of hubbub and debate over which prospect was better, but I seem to remember most people giving a slight edge to Manning.
charliebrown327
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk