Warrick Dunn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warrick Dunn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Warrick Dunn

Postby Retet » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Warrick Dunn is perennially under-rated -- however, this year he is having a career year, and few seem to realize it -- he's currently rated as the 9th best back in our league.

1. Do you think he can continue to be productive this year (as a legitimate #1 back)?

2. Do you think he can be this productive next year? I ask because many of us are starting to ponder potential keepers for next year.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:12 pm

He's always underrated.

1. Probably...as long as Duckett doesn't take away chunks of carries as he gets healthy.

2. Yes...if Duckett gets injured again.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:16 pm

Warrick's middle name should be undervalued and underrated. The guy has tons of talent, breakaway speed, and makes some very nice cuts.

As for your questions, I see Dunn continuing to get the carries and producing as long as he stays healthy. Goalline carries would be the only thing to be worried about. Also, he has everything in place to be productive next year in ATLs system ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:32 pm

the good thing about dunn's aging is that he's never really been run into the ground. last year was the first time in his career that he carried for more than 250 carries in a season. so I think his longevity will not diminish such as corey dillon's has or curtis martin's. i think he will remain effective between the 20s and duckett will handle the hard running. dillon has roughly 500 more carries than dunn in the same span of years. curtis martin has almost twice as many carries in a career that is only 2 or 3 years longer than dunn's. I bet he has 4 more effective years running between the 20s. Dunn is a great person and a great player. Happy to have him on my team this year.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Return to Football Talk