What to do as commish? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What to do as commish?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Doctor P » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:24 pm

LOL
:-b

See, I agree w/you as well. The scores are not always correct and it is my job as commisioner to make sure they're right. Thank you. All I wanted was 1 supporter but it seemed as though everyone just wanted to call me an idiot. And now you're calling me a wuss.LOL. I had already changed my score and planned on keeping it that way, but I wanted to know what you guys thought b/c I respect your advice. Thanks again to all. ;-D
QB: Romo, Freeman
RB: Foster, Peterson,LeShoure, Wilson, Mathews
WR: Bryant, Moore, Fitz
TE: Hernandez
D/ST: Pittsburgh, NYJ
K: Janikowski
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:40 pm

The ONLY problem is that you knew that scores weren't fully updated until Saturday. You SHOULD make adjustments if something is KNOWN to be inaccurate. And you should make those adjustments ON SATURDAY, with everyone's full knowledge. People can make their cases if they have a problem with what you're going to do.

I had a problem where my commish seemed apprehensive about giving me both the TD and the 3 extra points for the distance on the Vasher return, when I mentioned that it wasn't showing up. He said that if it came within 9 points of me winning, he'd consider changing it... luckily it didn't come to that, as the scores were just way late updating. The thing is, I don't care if I win or lose a game. I want to make sure I get every point that's due to me. And I DON'T want points that I'm not due. It's the commish's responsibility to make sure that scores are accurate, if a problem arises. It's unfair to the player who gets mis-scored, and to a lesser extent, it's unfair to the league as a whole.

You get your points. But you shouldn't change anything in the future, until after you're sure that a mistake has officially been made. Additionally, I'd say it's your due dilligence to go through your entire score this week, and be prepared to account for every point for this week's game, so that no one has a legitimate complaint. If there happened to be ANOTHER mistake that was in your favor, and your league found out before you do, that could be catastrophic.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby spodog » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:05 am

Saturday!?!

so your teams really don't know if they've won or lost until 6 days after the Sunday games are in the books?

sounds ridiculous to me. We looked at the ESPN site at one point last year, but it was so lame and response time was so slow we bagged it and will never return.

Get a real service for next year, and avoid the ESPN and Yahoo sites, as they are inferior.

For your situation, it is your job to make the scores correct. If Peppers is now credited with 3 sacks in the official NFL stats (use the NFL web site) for last week, then his owner should get a score reflective of these 3 sacks.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Doctor P » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:59 am

The issue is resolved; the other owner thinks its the right thing to do b/c it wasn't like I added points that weren't there already.

I guess I wasn't exactly clear w/this but the scores go final Tuesday Morning, but ESPN says up top on the "scoreboard" that score corrections made by them can be done until Saturday, at which point they become official; but can still be changed by the commish. ESPN didn't make their correction until Saturday and this was the 1st time a correction was made after Tuesday. It threw me off.
QB: Romo, Freeman
RB: Foster, Peterson,LeShoure, Wilson, Mathews
WR: Bryant, Moore, Fitz
TE: Hernandez
D/ST: Pittsburgh, NYJ
K: Janikowski
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Previous