Fantasy Football Mock Draft 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Mock Draft 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:47 pm

Retet wrote:Reading this post made me think of the following related question:

Who is the best FF receiver (who should be taken first) in next year's draft? R. Moss doesn't look like the overwhelming top choice, even when healthy. TO -- way too many question marks. Marvin Harrison? -- still good, but showing age.

Torry Holt? Steve Smith? Chad Johnson?

Some dumbass will probley take S.Smith in the the first and somone wll get a steal with R.Moss,Holt and CJ in the late 2nd and or early third...
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:53 pm

Retet wrote:Reading this post made me think of the following related question:

Who is the best FF receiver (who should be taken first) in next year's draft? R. Moss doesn't look like the overwhelming top choice, even when healthy. TO -- way too many question marks. Marvin Harrison? -- still good, but showing age.

Torry Holt? Steve Smith? Chad Johnson?

i would still go with boss, but after randy, i like chad. terrell... depends on what the situation looks like. harrison agreed he's starting to climb up there agewise; holt just has had declining "zip" the past couple of years. he's still young, but i dunno... just something funny. and steve smith, just not the same kind of proven commodity. chad's been good, and consistently good, over the last few years in an offense that has been improving the last few years.

so, for reasons of vaugaracies, i'd go chad johnson.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:19 pm

Chad Johnson seems like the safest receiver pick to me... That offense is young and improving all the time... Owens is too risky to go near before the third round, ESPECIALLY if he ends up in Atlanta... Moss is aging, and so are the rest of the Raiders.... Steve Smith is a stud, but I think he's slightly less safe than Chad Johnson... Don't ask me why, it's just a gut feeling... Holt has still got a few more years in him, but it looks like Martz may be done for good, in which case, who knows how that offense will look next year....

I would rank the receivers as follows for 2006:

1) Chad Johnson
2) Torry Holt
3) Randy Moss
4) Steve Smith
5) Marvin Harrison
6) Terrell Owens
7) Larry Fitzgerald (assuming the Cards don't start a rookie QB)
8) Plaxico Burress
9) Hines Ward
10) Javon Walker (if Favre plays one more year)

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bwagner112 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:26 pm

Do you think anyone who is drafted this off-season could move into the top two or three rounds next year if they are in optimal situation, like Bush?
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:40 pm

bwagner112 wrote:Do you think anyone who is drafted this off-season could move into the top two or three rounds next year if they are in optimal situation, like Bush?

Well, there is no way a rookie QB or WR goes in the top 3 rounds... It would have to be a RB....

So the top 3 contenders would have to be:

Reggie Bush
Laurence Maroney
DeAngelo Williams

As they are likely to be the first rounders...

The back that goes to San Francisco should not be a top 3-round draft pick... The line in San Fran is just too pitiful to warrant it...

If Green Bay goes with one of the three in the first round, then I can totally see that guy being a top 3-round pick, because he will likely be replacing Ahman and Davenport, and should have a chance at immediate playing time (probably an RBBC with Gado), but I honestly think Green Bay picks up a veteran back in Free Agency, and takes a 2nd or 3rd round back like Washington, Riggs, or Addai to bring along slowly... There is too much risk in starting a rookie QB and RB, and I think Favre is done after this year...

If the Jets take a RB in the first, and Curtis Martin retires, that back will be competing with Derrick Blaylock for playing time... If that back is Reggie Bush, I think he wins the job, and I would consider him in the third round of a fantasy draft....

If Arizona were to take a RB, I would avoid him early because the line in Arizona is garbage, and whatever back they pick will be competing with Arrington for carries even if the line picks up their game....

The other two teams that might consider going RB early would be Minnesota and Cleveland, but I wouldn't go near either of their running games early in a fantasy draft... Too many other options for both of those squads...

Honestly, I think Maroney (or Williams) falls in the draft and ends up getting picked up by someone who takes him because he's the best player available, and not really cause they are targetting RB.... If that happens, I would avoid taking him, as he will probably be brought along slowly....

So, to summarize, the only way I take a rookie in the first three rounds of the 2006 fantasy drafts is if Reggie Bush goes to the Jets and Curtis Martin retires, or if one of the big three RB's goes to Green Bay....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bwagner112 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:08 pm

What do you think about Cleveland, given their schedule the rest of the way, they could end up with a top 5 pick. Do you think they will stick with the Droughns, Suggs, Green fiasco, or make a move for a franchise RB?
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:10 pm

the top concerns of cleveland are not their rb's.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby onnestabe » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:17 pm

I know this is a post about FF drafts and not the NFL draft, but since the topic got on rookie RBs, does anyone else think a top back may end up in New England this year? Dillon is injury prone, and they didn't have an every down back behind him even before the injury bug hit the backfield. (Faulk = 3rd Down, Pass = Fullback)

Perhaps one of the guys you thought would drop and be good value, Plindsey..
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:54 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Chad Johnson seems like the safest receiver pick to me... That offense is young and improving all the time... Owens is too risky to go near before the third round, ESPECIALLY if he ends up in Atlanta... Moss is aging, and so are the rest of the Raiders.... Steve Smith is a stud, but I think he's slightly less safe than Chad Johnson... Don't ask me why, it's just a gut feeling... Holt has still got a few more years in him, but it looks like Martz may be done for good, in which case, who knows how that offense will look next year....

I would rank the receivers as follows for 2006:

1) Chad Johnson
2) Torry Holt
3) Randy Moss
4) Steve Smith
5) Marvin Harrison
6) Terrell Owens
7) Larry Fitzgerald (assuming the Cards don't start a rookie QB)
8) Plaxico Burress
9) Hines Ward
10) Javon Walker (if Favre plays one more year)

Moss is currently 28. Only in the NFL can that be considered aging. hehe
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:16 pm

VaderFin wrote:Moss is currently 28. Only in the NFL can that be considered aging. hehe

or tennis. or basketball. or gymnastics. or...

i like the idea of new england going rb this draft. because dillon is on the cusp of becoming the veteran who coaches as much as he plays. and they really don't have anyone behind him. then again, isn't that true of their entire team? but still... i could see them using their first rounder on a rb, sure.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk