Biggest '06 Needs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Arizona Cardinals

Biggest '06 Needs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Biggest '06 Needs?

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:21 pm

Hey, I'm putting together a Mock Draft for the 2006 season (bi-weekly: check out the College Sports forum). So, I'm going around to each team's forum and asking the hometown fans what they believe their team's biggest weakness is. So, without any further adieu...

What do you think the Cardinals biggest weakness(es) are for the '06 season?

THANKS! ;-D
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cards24 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:00 pm

Geesh... were do I start, lol

OT (a must), QB, and a well rounded big name RB...

...HOWEVER, DG has made it very clear the last couple of years (not only with AZ) that the first 2-3 rounds he will draft BEST AVAILABLE regarless of need.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby lparsons » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:16 pm

I agree with that assesment and actually that draft strategy. It is best to fill needs via free-agency nowadays, and build talet via the draft, selecting best available athletes.
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stlouie111 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:26 am

I'd look for us to grab Laurence Marooney out of Minnesota. Vince Young could be a candidate as well, if he goes, and hopefully D'Brickashaw Ferguson is there.
Go Cardinals!
stlouie111
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 3StacksOfHighSociety » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:56 pm

Clearly someone has been looking at projected draft selections
3StacksOfHighSociety
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby stlouie111 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:11 pm

3StacksOfHighSociety wrote:Clearly someone has been looking at projected draft selections

I gotta keep myself educated :-D
Go Cardinals!
stlouie111
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby chrono727 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Here is what I think the Cards need...First and foremost for the love of GOD....pay some money for some offensive linemen....Im not just talking about our usual half arsed 5th/7th round linemen crap I mean pay some money for a change (which they didn't) For me getting Edge is like buying kool-aid and not getting sugar to put in it. Get a line!

2nd get some bigger D-linemen we have a quick atheletic D but we get pushed up front way to easy but Dennis Green isn't known for having big cats up front, but he better get on the boat and get some kinda of runstuffer.

3rd QB is a given but I really think they need a tight end more than a QB. I really hope we grab one in the first 2 rounds.

That is the main issues I think plague this franchise and I wouldnt be opposed to another cornerback to help Rolle.
chrono727
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JStein » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:59 pm

Get an OL that can protect Warner! Poor man, right out of Martz's QB-rough style to an OL that can't protect him adequately. He has all the talent around him and he himself is a great talent. Ferguson definately if he's there.
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lparsons » Fri May 12, 2006 2:04 am

Not bad at all! Edge fills the RB slot. Leinart is a great backup to Warner and ready to start rather quickly. Lutui helps somewhat on the line. Finally, Pope fills that hole at TE nicely.

Now, on the secondary needs, which have nicely become the primary. OK, well, the O-line is still an issue. Might play average this year, and we just have to hope Edge can make do and get his 1500. ;-) After that, LB's are a bit thin. And the D-backs could use a little shoring up as well.

Still, the season tix have sold out and I can't wait to see the place painted red for the 2006 season. GO CARDS! (and yes, I have my tix).
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cards24 » Mon May 22, 2006 2:46 pm

Cards24 wrote:Geesh... were do I start, lol

OT (a must), QB, and a well rounded big name RB...

...HOWEVER, DG has made it very clear the last couple of years (not only with AZ) that the first 2-3 rounds he will draft BEST AVAILABLE regarless of need.

I guess my November "Wish List" came true, I cant wait to see this team the next couple of seasons...

GO BIG RED!!!
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Arizona Cardinals