Biggest '06 Needs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Kansas City Chiefs

Biggest '06 Needs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:51 pm

Answering the thread.

Our biggest needs are

DT: Sims=was good the first 10 minutes of the season and then :-t
Siavii=don't know why they drafted that guy but it's not working so far.

Maybe 1 or both of them will pay off in the future but for next year we need some help in the middle of the DL to compliment Hicks and Jared

WR: We still don't have a number 1 WR. Kennison sure isn't it, not after watching him drop a perfectly thrown long ball by Trent. Parker is doing better lately and could be a force soon but he's still not a sure thing #1 WR yet. I agree with ljthockey(I'd much rather spell Mieutkeuwich and Gruzelanek BTW :-D ) WR is our number 1 need and DT is 1a. Carl better draft one early and don't go down the Thorpe road. ;-7

lesser needs
QB: Why the hell did we sign Todd Collins to a 1 mil contract to take practice snaps(how many pass attempt he has this year? less than 10?) And what happened to James Killian? We need a young quarterback soon. Trent Green has a maximum of 2 years left.

OL: Welbourn has starting to play better but he's still not at the pro bowl(AFC level :-D ) level like the rest of them(including Wieggman) We are lucky to have Larry Johnson now because his style of running depend less on a great line than Priest's. I personally don't like LJ but it would be a HUGE mistake IMO if we trade him. I hope he gets "happier" now that Dick "Diaper" Vermeil is gone.

FB: Who is Richardson's backup? :-?

CB: I still think we need a number 2,3 corner. Surtain has not played to expectation but he's a proven number 1. We need another player like Warfield. Not McCleon.
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:58 pm

ljthockey wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:is Mould a FA? :-?

Haha I thought it was a typo at first, its Moulds man.

And looking at the list I guess he's not I just assumed he was cause that is who you mentioned some of the better wideouts that are FA are.

Joe Juerivicus
Nate Burleson
Reggie Wayne
Koren Robinson
Keenan McCardell
Brandon Llyod
Antonio Bryant

But like last year alot of the premier wideouts were aquired through cap casuailites or trades, Mason, Coles, Santana Moss, Randy Moss. So there's always a chance we could get alot better.

I was thinking more of a trade to get Moulds. Wasn't he suspended by the Bills because he went off the field to check on what he thinks is an injury? I agree with you that he's not a long term solution but our whole offense(minus Larry Johnson) will expire either next season or the season after so if we can't get one of the premier FA WR like Wayne(I still think a lot what makes him great is Harrison and Manning. I mean, Stockly is owned in fantasy leagues last year :-D )and Llyod.

Brandon Llyod is a FA!?!?!? GET HIM. He's awsome! He just needs a good QB to throw to him!!! 8-o ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Much rather have Moulds(we could probably get him for a 2nd, 3rd round pick) than Jurevicus, Burleson, Robinson(KC don't need TO type player, we have Larry Johnson), McCardell, Bryant.
Last edited by PlayingWithFire on Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ljthockey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:58 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:

It was Ronnie Cruz on the depth chart early this season but he definatly wont fill Richardsons shoes. We drafted Omar Easy a couple years back what happened to him? But yeah good point Richardsons time left is definatly limited he's 34 or 35.

Sorry should of specified Lloyd is a restricted FA so if we do go out and try to get him it'll probally cost us a few draft picks.
Last edited by ljthockey on Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:00 pm

ljthockey wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

It was Ronnie Cruz on the depth chart early this season but he definatly wont fill Richardsons shoes. We drafted Omar Easy a couple years back what happened to him? But yeah good point Richardsons time left is definatly limited he's 34 or 35.

Omar Easy is a Raider last time I heard
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby beerman648 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:24 pm

Omar Easy is a fa this year and is a helluva special teamer. Use theredzone.org for all the free agents I believe they are the best so far for it.
Brandon Lloyd is really good I agree and he is a local. More people would love the game if we could get him and we could drop thorpe. For him to come back to his stomping ground and to a good qb his price might come down.
"Lloyd has shown a flair for the spectacular, but he has been inconsistent, and Nolan has said that Lloyd has alienated teammates."
http://49ers.hosttown.com/lofiversion/i ... 40651.html
^ that is the 49ers forum look how much they like him. I do agree he is almost overrated but him and kennison would be a great combo with parker being a really good 3rd.
yea i am a cheerleader. go team!!! give me a texans suck. go team! My top 2 favorite teams are in the top 5 picks(texans and titans).
beerman648
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jsteil » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:17 pm

I'd like to see the them pick up Hank Basket III from New Mexico in the second round if they can't get a big name reciever out of FA or in the first round, hes a big, smart, and decently fast WR that reminds me alot of Tony G. Although we don't need another tony G, Hank Basket III wouldnt be a bad choice, plus he does the high jump with a NM high school record of 7 feet so he has jumping ability. I think his 40 yrd run is like 4.9 or something last time i checked so he's decent.

Hank was also a QB in JR High and High School for Clovis NM which has won the most High School football championships in NM history, so he could easily be a 3rd qb if needed kind of like Randell EL of pittsburgh.
jsteil
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Kansas City Chiefs