Biggest '06 Needs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

Biggest '06 Needs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Biggest '06 Needs?

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:53 pm

Hey, I'm putting together a Mock Draft for the 2006 season (bi-weekly: check out the College Sports forum). So, I'm going around to each team's forum and asking the hometown fans what they believe their team's biggest weakness is. So, without any further adieu...

What do you think the 49ers biggest weakness(es) are for the '06 season?

THANKS! ;-D
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:19 pm

WR and RB on the offensive side of the ball are major weaknesses
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MadScott » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:40 pm

I don't think we are in horrible shape at WR, we just need our guys to get healthy. We definitely need to find out if Gore is the long term solution for us though and soon, if not, there are a number of game breaking type RBs in this draft that we should look at. We are also back to addressing the Oline too. Newberry at C isn't going to last much longer. Secondary help is the most pressing need on the defense by far, cornerback in particular.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby water boy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:07 pm

we need to shore up are OL, DL and draft some playmakers on offense.

thanks SJNez46 for the sweet sig
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby munstermann » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Our offensive line is horrible... and we should drop Barlow for a solid rookie (Bush?) ot open some cap space
munstermann
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 96)

Postby proKrastinate » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:53 pm

didt we just drap players to "shore" up the oline last year? Give them some time, and bring in a vet for experience and stability.

Depending on our draft position, (first or second it looks like), depends on what positions we would fill. I agree that the secondary needs to be looked at. I know I know injuries blah blah. But if people keep getting injured, we should atleast have some backups that will sooner / later take over anyway.

I think our WR is ok. We could see how we do next year and take steps from there. I don't want to end up like the Lions taking a WR every year hoping hes "it" and it not working out. Only one of their 3 first round draft picks over the last three years are starting...

I say we sign a vet (if not only to mentor but to start until the youngin's time is ready) for our Oline. Determine where we stand at HB right now, and draft Bush depending on whether or not he falls to us. Further, sign some good corners if there are any in this draft. I dont follow college much.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby water boy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:38 pm

I like our line they just need time to gel Synder,Heitman,Newberry,Bass and Smiley. GET RID OF KWAMME!!!.

We need Wr's next year Lloyd and Battle are Free agents and with a high draft pick this year they won't have enough money either of or both.They need to find out what kind of a player is R Woods and D Hamilton are before drafting more WR's Keep Lloyd.

thanks SJNez46 for the sweet sig
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:20 am

water boy wrote:I like our line they just need time to gel Synder,Heitman,Newberry,Bass and Smiley. GET RID OF KWAMME!!!.

We need Wr's next year Lloyd and Battle are Free agents and with a high draft pick this year they won't have enough money either of or both.They need to find out what kind of a player is R Woods and D Hamilton are before drafting more WR's Keep Lloyd.
I'm starting to agree with you about Kwame. I'm also not sure if we will ever see Newberry back again. That knee is degenerative, which is a shame.

Woods is a bust. Battle and Lloyd both should come in at relative inexpensive amounts seeing as neither has done more than shown flashes.

Ferguson from Virginia would look awful nice on our team...
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Our biggest needs are WR, DE, and OL

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Lundy Love » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:00 am

I think they should address thier line but if Mario Williams isthere, we have to take him

To be honest, I like the 49ers RB situation, as Gore has shown something behind a rather weak or inexperienced line.

we could use a Good WR, as Battle and Lloyd are nothing more than a 2 and 3 maybe. Battle could be something, but he was too hurt to know what he is capable of. Lloyd is just too inconsistant

Norv Turner was a good hire to guide that offense

But the main thing is to not take a step back in progress
Lundy Love
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to San Francisco 49ers