Dumbest Sports Article of the year (about McNabb) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dumbest Sports Article of the year (about McNabb)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:16 am

Remember when McNabb was drafted? That got some big time boos from fans I remember. Eventually and even now I think everyone loves him especially with all the crap he has had to put up with T.O and everything.

Sure this article might be dumb, but overall it's very true about McNabb. He might be able to lead his team through the season but come postseason, come the time where your really going to be tested, it sure is hard to win games with no running game. Don't know if any of you were watching NFL Matchup a couple weeks back but they showed how NE exploited Philly in the superbowl causing McNabb to throw ill advised passes.

I don't care if you have Marino, Elway, P.Manning, or Brady I don't think anybody is going to be able to play at their fullest with only a passing game. So I don't think you can fully blame McNabb for any losses. It's a football team remember.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:20 pm

well some of this comes from the coaching philosohpy, not the QB.

Like I said other than Brady and the soon to be retired farve, Who has won more regular season or plyoff games?

In terms of the super bowl -- yea, NE did SOME things. But taking credit for the Pass to Westbrook was "ill-advised"? I think not. The eagles had the pats dead to rights, that TD would have put them in a hole. McNabb didn't do something stupid, he executed poorly.

Yea, he has his faults, but personally -- I would only take Peyton over him for the Eagles.

The flip side to the arguemnt is "yea, he goes down in flames in the big game" -- but they had no business being in some of those big games without his efforts to get them there.

At the end of the day, some philly fans can definitely be stupid.

He finally gets a complementary receiver, and they come within three points of the super bowl. perhaps if they get a sane number one wr, they can go back.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:51 pm

gablefan wrote:OK you guys booed him on Monday after the INT and cheered when they pu McMhan (sp) in. That is being beloved???

I think its a safe wager at least half the people cheering when McMahon went in were cheering because Reid put in anybody but Detmer. Though Detmer is usually listed as the backup QB, he's utterly despised for being incompetent at the helm, and only on the roster b/c he holds the ball for Akers and the coaching staff doesn't want to mess with consistency.

And yes, we booed him, it was a bad pass. But consider that we ran Ricky Watters out of town for one lousy effort on one catch. To this day he's hated in Philly for that. So, booing a guy, no matter who he is, is about as light as Philly fans let any athlete off with when they make a mistake.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk