Would you rather have LT or J.Lewis from here on out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Would you rather have LT or J.Lewis from here on out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby drunkenmonkey » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:29 pm

I've got LT on my team, and as a result, I am 0-2 so far (losing both games by less than ten points). Trading him has crossed my mind, but you wouldn't get anything worth his value right now. I'm going to hold onto him and hope this is just a slow start.
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pfphlyerz » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:48 pm

LT and Patience ;-D ;-D
Standard Scoring, NO PPR
pfphlyerz
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby milkdudman34 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:57 pm

Altough I have Lewis on my team I would rather have LT, we all know what he can do and he will be good, for sure just a slow start. Don't trade him ever. lewis is good though and he did win it for me this week (no thanks to Gannon)[/b]
QB: Bulger, Pennington, Rivers
RB: L. Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Tatum Bell, Anthony Thomas
WR: Marques Colston, J. Walker, Owens
TE: Witten
K: Tynes
DST: Chiefs, Bengels
milkdudman34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby L.A. Smogg » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:50 pm

Most of you guys are smokin crack.... :~( ...............Jamal Lewis by far will kick the %&*%$ out of most defenses. LT Is being keyed upon and teams are going to make ths Chargers throw to win.......and they won't.........

Lewis Baby ;-D
In the Mountains of Northern California roams a monster.....................Sasquatch!
L.A. Smogg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mtarail » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:12 am

smogg has a decent point, but you can turn that around and say that D's will key in on Lewis too, since he proved last week that he can go off and Boller, despite his hype, is just a lowly rookie.

I'd take LT.

Now if people can please stop degrading Lewis' accomplishment because it was against a bad run defense!! It's not like banking almost 300 yards after actually calling it happens everyday--don't hate the player...
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jeru » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:51 am

I think that Lewis is an excellent, top 10 back, but the team he's on tends to limit his TDs scored, and he has no passing game backing him up, so I would still rather have LT.

This week's breakout performance notwithstanding, I'd still take these backs over Lewis for the rest of the year:

Holmes
Williams
LT
Portis
Faulk
McAllister
Henry
Alexander
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby frank » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:39 pm

This is a serious question - I wasn't paying attention to fantasy football at that time, but ... were people proclaiming Dillon a top 5 back immediately after he rushed for the 278 against Cleveland?

The top 15 backs are all extremely gifted athletes, most of whom have great speed - I'd say that a number of them are capable of breaking some long carries that can result a 200+ game, given the right circumstances: they're feeling strong, defended poorly, get lots of carries, get some good blocking.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to downplay Lewis's accomplishment. I'm just saying that it's a bit premature to be saying that everyone's been wrong and he should've been a top 3 back all along. Which is why I ask if Dillon was crowned a top 3 back immediately after his record performance.
frank

Friendliness: %

Postby brdmaverick » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:31 am

frank, you pose a good question (about whether or not Dillon was proclaimed a top 3 back after his record setting day), unfortunately i can't answer that one either, I too wasn't that involved with fantasy football at the time.

HOWEVER, I did have Shaun Alexander on my team when he went off agasint the Raiders on Sunday Night Football. He indeed did become a tp 3 back after that. if you recall most drafts the next season went.....

1. Marshall Faulk
2. Ahman Green
3. Shaun Alexander

Alexander and Green werea toss up between 2 and 3
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:39 am

I think Jamal is a great back, but LT is better. Defenses keyed on him last year as Brees got off to a bad start and onyl Conway seemed to be able to catch for SD, but LT still had a good year. LT's yardage isn't that bad especially considering his team has gotten eaten alive, and there wouldn't be any talk of him stinking had he found the endzone at least once each week.

LT is just better than Lewis, but either is a great back to have.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk